Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,228   Posts: 1,659,881   Online: 667

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

WTB - 4x5 holders with the number wheels

I'd like to pick up some of the 4x5 holders with the little number wheels on them. I have a few and always thought they were Riteways but one is also marked Lisco Mark II, so maybe there are several varieties. The ones I have also have the little button that locks the dark slide in place and not the normal wire things. But mainly I'm interested in the number wheel feature/curse/however you see it.

If you have some to sell, PM or email me, please. If you post here, I don't always see it or get a notice. Thanks.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've never seen a number wheel on a double sided holder. Only on the grafmatics. What does it do for you?

Dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Theoretically, they let you print a small number onto the edge of the film as part of the exposure. It's pretty hit or miss in my experience, but for me, it helps me to keep the negative & notes connected. Even if the wheel rotated during use, I can still use the number to narrow down what shot it was. When I bought the few I have years ago, most people seemed to dislike them. But, they sort of work for me. I'll try and post a photo of them.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Here's what they look like...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wheels.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rrankin View Post
    Theoretically, they let you print a small number onto the edge of the film as part of the exposure. It's pretty hit or miss in my experience, but for me, it helps me to keep the negative & notes connected. Even if the wheel rotated during use, I can still use the number to narrow down what shot it was. When I bought the few I have years ago, most people seemed to dislike them. But, they sort of work for me. I'll try and post a photo of them.
    Seriously? You keep notes?! I'm impressed...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    *USED* to keep notes is more like it. But I found my old notebooks and I'm going to start again. Dan Henderson's article here on his exposure record cards has me thinking again that maybe sloppy is not the best approach...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How many do you want and what kind of price are you hoping to pay?
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin