Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,680   Online: 1040

Shooter
    Medium Format

120 BW - Expired or not

Hi, would love to buy some 120 BW, expired is fine.. getting back into film and going thru it fast. Would love to hear about what you have. Thanks bg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check out Freestyle, they have great prices on fresh film. Arista EDU ultra is (IIRC) the least priced, comes in asa 100 and 400. I have a couple of bricks of 100asa in my freezer, but it won't stay there very long. Try some, I think you will like the stuff and want to shoot more. There is also Fuji Neopan Acros 100, still on the low end of price, but arguably the best of the B&W films to shoot(IMHO). Ever since the price jumps there are no cheapie films to shoot, except maybe the Chinese stuff off of eblah.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BGudas View Post
    Hi, would love to buy some 120 BW, expired is fine.. getting back into film and going thru it fast. Would love to hear about what you have. Thanks bg
    If you're so inclined, try writing Michael Raso, host of the biweekly podcast Film Photography Podcast, at filmphotographypodcast@gmail.com . Best part: he pays for shipping.

As for me, I have about 6-8 rolls (don't recall the exact quantity off the top of my head) of Ilford 120 HP5+, all bought fresh. Make offer. Shipping extra. (USPS money order preferred.)

I also have a couple other 120 B&W films (TMax 100 being one) that I'm willing to sell, also expired. PM me (or email me at dieterzakas@yahoo.com).

Dieter Zakas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was a time when watching eBay I could nail 120 film, often only recently expired, for $1.00 or so a roll. Especially when big lots were sold as many people going digital emptied their freezers (got 115 rolls of Plus-X this way for $85 a couple years ago!), but now with the continued growing interest of Holgas it seems the demand for 120 on eBay has gone up while the supply has slowed as not as many freezer dumps seem to be happening. Seems at best expired stuff is at $2.50-$3.00/roll now or more, which is ridiculous when you can get Tmax400 new and fresh on Amazon for $3.27 a roll (bought in 5 roll packs). And with Neopan 400 and Plus-X no longer available new in 120 that's pushed the price of those up too. All that said, posting a WTB here you might get lucky.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    ...Ever since the price jumps there are no cheapie films to shoot, except maybe the Chinese stuff off of eblah.
    "Eblah"? That gave me a chuckle!

Dieter Zakas
    Blahsville, NJ

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin