Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,248   Online: 750

Shooter
    Multi Format

Strap for Bronica S2A

Hi all. I need a strap for my Bronica S2A. It takes a strap that connects to little lugs and I haven't been able to fine this anywhere. Please let me know if you have one. Thank you!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an "Op/Tech Super Pro Strap" with a design A clip: http://www.mailshotsuk.co.uk/acatalo...Pro_Strap.html. The clip had to be filed a little to fit.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And that fits your S2A securely? Do you have confidence in its ability to hold and stay attached to the camera? What exactly did you have to file? Thanks!!
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used the strap for several years, and it works very well. The opening in the clip had to be filed just a little bit to make it slip on the lugs on the camera. The clips are of stainless steel and fits very securely.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did the same thing - bought an Optech strap and slightly enlarged the holes with my Dremel rotary tool. Works like a charm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, thanks to both of you. I'll probably get that strap then and open up the wholes. I don't really have a picture in my head of how they work so the idea of openign them up makes me worry a bit about the strap detaching on its own and the camera going flying. But if it works for you both then I guess theres nothing to worry about. Thanks!
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hahahaha! Well, I'm at work at the moment (camera store) and guess what I just pulled out of an old dusty case in a back room? Looks like the correct strap!
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Just FYI, I believe that there were two versions of the strap lugs on the S2A: one with the "wings" and one without. Not sure if I'm correct about this, though.

Check the thread at photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00SArb

Cheers,
    --joe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've heard the same thing. This looks like it'll fit my camera and I tried it on a Bronica we have here that looks like it has the same lugs and it fit. I'll try it on when I get home.
    Francesco Fragomeni

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin