Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,045   Online: 750

Shooter
    Medium Format

ISO25 colour negative film 35mm

Hi all
    I am looking for a ISO25/ASA25 colour negative film (C-41 process) in 135 format (35mm).
    I need about 5 rolls

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you want it in-date, Ektar and a 2-stop ND will get you the finest results, though very saturated.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the comment. indeed, a possible option..
    But I'm shooting with a Widelux, which is limited to 1/15, 1/125 and 1/250. For the DoF (the Widelux is fixed focus at 15 feet) I need f8 or preferably f11...yes...@ 1/250 I can just get to f8 with ISO100 and and a 2-stop ND (which is the Widelux filter).
    But a few shots will be at the beach in really bright light and I'd prefer to be able to have some leeway. so that I can bracket a shot at f11 with the 2-stop ND...and then I need ISO25 (or ISO50)...and no, there are no 4-stop ND for Widelux

as to in-date. I'll cope with recently expired as well as I'll do a b&W conversion...but I can't do a B&W development in the field, not for essentially three images I am after
    Last edited by ausphoto; 07-21-2011 at 08:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The last really slow colour neg was Ektar-25, which was discontinued I think in 1994. There are those that say it still works well but I suspect you'd have to get pretty lucky with how it was stored I think.

Not sure about your exposure calcs: full sun at 1/250 f/11 or 1/125 f/16 will be about right for ISO100 (actually it's 1/3 stop underexposed, 1/250 f/9 or 1/125 f/13 would be better), no ND required. Not sure why you would want an even slower film. If you put a 2 stop ND (is this a centre-cos^4 filter or something?) on there at those speeds, you will need an ISO400 film, not ISO25.

Edit: do you mean you want to bracket to 1/15? I don't see the point, personally. And if you do it, don't worry too much about the over-exposure; C-41 handles that very very well. Say you've got slightly dim light (sunny-11 haze) and want to do a plus-bracket. You take one shot at 1/125 f/13 and that will be about one stop underexposed. Then you take another at 1/15, which will be 2 stops overexposed. 2 over is no problem at all for C41. Or you take your second shot at about 1/15 f/19 and that will be only 1 stop over in the sunlit areas, still with no ND.
    Last edited by polyglot; 07-21-2011 at 10:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have several bricks of Ektar 25 and Royal Gold 25 (which was produced up into the 2000s), stored frozen. I've shot some not long ago and it was fine. I can part with 5 or more rolls if you are interested. ed @ edsawyer . com

I used a Widelux F7 for a while - neat camera. Used it for some handheld stuff too which was kinda cool in it's own way.

-Ed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM sent

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin