Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,988   Online: 828

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one here. Near mint in box. However, as I recall, it's focus is stiff. I'll check and get back to you.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon's term for these was always "micro". Regarding stiff focus, they all start out that way and will loosen up, it's got two helicals, one fine thread and one very coarse. When the lube thickens a bit they can get very tight.
    When I was working in the trade we got one that had sat for so long it needed a strap wrench to move the focusing ring. Cleaned it out, relubed it and all was good.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Nikon's term for these was always "micro". Regarding stiff focus, they all start out that way and will loosen up, it's got two helicals, one fine thread and one very coarse. When the lube thickens a bit they can get very tight.
    When I was working in the trade we got one that had sat for so long it needed a strap wrench to move the focusing ring. Cleaned it out, relubed it and all was good.

So I can call the stiffness a feature, instead of a defect?

Who would you recommend to clean and relube?
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sent email with offer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is a feature =@) the barrel won't rotate easily. I'd think KEH would do as well as anyone, the lens isn't that hard to work on.
    Right now I've got two here a 3.5 and a 2.8 both are stiffer than any other lens I've got.
    If you use the lens a lot it will loosen without spending the extra $$$. I have a friend who used a 3.5 for several years as his only lens and it could be focused by rolling the barrel with one finger. Talk about loose.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Email sent, if you are still interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have bought one already from Jack Fisher. Sorry for the late update.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin