Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,963   Online: 1008

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I need an 8x10 BEATER

Sorry, I should've posted this in the WTB section...

I need a moth-eaten, beat-up, rattletrap 8x10 or larger for evaluating focal lengths and image circles for my larger format Wollaston lenses. Obviously, cheap is the byword.

I'm finding that the wet plate and alternative photo folks are drawn to the historic nature of my lenses, but I need a test bed in 8x10 size.

For those of you who haven't heard of Wollaston lenses, take a look:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/9...-meniscus.html

Reinhold

www.classicBWphoto.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    i can make you a 11x14 ( really 12x16 ) camera ...
    i custom make cameras and have made about 4-5 of them this size
    and a handful of them in smaller sizes, some even with hand made paper holders
    for making paper negatives

- john

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got a Gundlach tailboard camera with intact bellows and 8x10 and 5x7 backs. It needs some TLC (the front standard is currently off the baseboard). PM me for more info if you're interested.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi, I have a calumet C1 and a Cambo unit that are both collecting dust. The Calumet has a crack in the ground glass but has its own rails, the cambo is a mono rail and the GG is good. Bellows and movements on both seem fine. Let me know if either of these sound interesting, the calumet as is would be about $350... the Cambo a little more but not much... Let me know and I will snap some pics for you if interested. Thanks Brian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a couple of Eastman 2-Ds in 8x10 and a Eastman View #1 in whole plate. The former I wouldn't call beaters by any stretch of the imagination (I'd be looking for somewhere around $300 for either one) and the latter, while not a beater isn't exactly a thing of beauty either and would go quite a bit cheaper (about $175 I think).

Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin