Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,697   Online: 701

Shooter
    Medium Format

WTB: 6x6 slide projector

I am enjoying my new foray into medium format film photography and I am absolutely in love with Velvia chromes in 6x6 and 6x7. I am getting very sad when I look at the scanned files and I don't think scanning does justice to the nice chromes. I am looking for a reasonably priced 6x6 slide projector that works nicely and one that is not too huge. I would most definitely prefer one that uses a tray, rather than me hand feeding the slides one at a time.

Let me know if you have one that you are not using and hence want to get rid of.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Maybe you can check this one

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's a link to one in Denver in our medium format forum too.

The one on rff was listed in March, I think the guy keeps reposting it because no one has come close to what he wants for it. Almost six months now.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Rollei P11, it does both 35mm slides and 6x6 with remote, has lens for the 6x6 format, recent maintenance performed works great I am in Southern California

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to another aspect of MF that many would say, is-not, reasonably priced; MF Slide Projectors.

Rollei, 6 X 6 and Mamiya Cabin, 6 X 7 projectors appear on the big auction site about 1/2 dozen times a year.
    Always expensive, (to me anyway). There is a Rollei there now for $450.USD, IIRC.
    I've never seen a Mamiya Cabin, go for less then about $475.USD, or a Rollei for less then $350.USD, or thereabouts.

I'm a bit of a tinkerer and I've often wondered if I could make a MF slide projector from some old IMAX, bits n pieces.
    Naturally, this is pure fantasy (or delusional), as I doubt I'll ever find affordable, bits n pieces, of anything IMAX related.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc B. View Post
    Welcome to another aspect of MF that many would say, is-not, reasonably priced; MF Slide Projectors.

Rollei, 6 X 6 and Mamiya Cabin, 6 X 7 projectors appear on the big auction site about 1/2 dozen times a year.
    Always expensive, (to me anyway). There is a Rollei there now for $450.USD, IIRC.
    I've never seen a Mamiya Cabin, go for less then about $475.USD, or a Rollei for less then $350.USD, or thereabouts.
    This is simply not true. Last month I sold my Liesegang Fantax 600A for 75 pounds on Ebay. That was a little on the low side, but I'd have been very surprised if it went for more than 120 pounds (say 200 dollars). In recent years I've also sold a Rollei 66s for 180 pounds, and a Rolllei p11 for 85 pounds.

The Fantax is fully automatic and more than equals most projectors - image and build quality is better than a Rollei 66s, for example. The Fantax 600p is the manual version - and sells for less. Why did I sell it? Because I had bought a Rollevision 66 for a mere 75 pounds, also on Ebay! That one was an absolute bargain (it made up for the low price I got for the Fantax) - they usually make 200 to 220 pounds (that's around $320-$350).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    I have a Rollei P11, it does both 35mm slides and 6x6 with remote, has lens for the 6x6 format, recent maintenance performed works great I am in Southern California
    I would avoid this model. It used an old-fashioned bulb that is expensive and difficult to find. It also uses a rubber flywheel - after 40 years the rubber will be on its last legs. You can replace them with several rubber washers glued together, but it is a hastle to get to the mechanism.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin