Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,379   Online: 964

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

need copal 1 lens board for 4x5 view camera- graphic view

Hi! I have a lens I purchased for a new-to me view camera but the lens board isn't the right size for the lens. I'm needing a copal 1 (outside dimensions 4"x4"). the lens is more the 42mm opening and the one on the view camera is too small so I'm guessing it is a 0 copal. I've looked over ebay but haven't seen one that looks like it would fit my camera. Thanks for any help or suggestions. I'm new to LF photography (even though I've had a 4x5 graflex crown graphic here for a few years in a box waiting on me).... I am now finally jumping in with two feet!
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you tried cutting one out of matboard or similar material. I do that for my Calumets that use 4x4 lensboards. I only have a 47mm and 50mm hole sizes sitting around.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't tried that, I didn't know that could work...I'm new to this so trying to learn LOL! Does it have to be painted black on the inside? Like it could be wood or matboard as long as it is the same depth and 4x4?
    Thanks for your help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Masonite/hardboard works well too. Thin plywood works but must be painted as it isn't opaque. For matboard, yes, you should color it black or use black matboard. If you aren't planning to obtain a Copal 0 shutter, you can have the hole in the board you have enlarged. It would be an easy job for a machine shop, or someone who has a drill press.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! Excellent ideas!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin