Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,771   Online: 983

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Wanted-mamiya RB67 180mm lens

Hello All,
    I am looking for a Mamiya 180mm lens with really bad glass but working shutter. I have a broken shutter with great glass. Any help would be appreciated.
    Arthur

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    could try keh.com 'as is' section.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks but I already have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is wrong with the shutter? They're usually pretty durable and not terribly expensive to have CLA'd.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    True. I have someone who has been fixing them for years and he says that there is one piece of the shutter, a tiny arm that must slide next to another part that is loose so instead of sliding next to it it slides over the other part and this makes the speeds wrong.
    He sent me a pic of the problem part which I could forward to you if you want a look just send me your email.
    Arthur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FM2N View Post
    True. I have someone who has been fixing them for years and he says that there is one piece of the shutter, a tiny arm that must slide next to another part that is loose so instead of sliding next to it it slides over the other part and this makes the speeds wrong.
    He sent me a pic of the problem part which I could forward to you if you want a look just send me your email.
    Arthur

Check KEH's RB section, a BGN 180 w/o caps is less than $50. Send me the pic to epatsellis@yahoo.com and I'll see if I happen to have one or two sitting here. With RB prices as low as they've been, there's been little motivation for me to repair a shutter when I can have a new (to me...)lens and shutter in a few days without spending hours cleaning and overhauling.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Erie, you may be the one to cure the problem for me. The timer module is the problem. a worn pivot on the lever that rides the booster spring cam edge. Since it is lose it jumps over the barrel instead of following it. I tried swaging it but the pivot hole is worn n now too large to stay steady on the pin, it wobbles.

I remeber you said you had a 180 that needed some repair. Waht is wrong with your shutter? Tell me what kind of PC is on that shutter?... does it have the button, the PC socket is mounted on the barrel by 2 screws?

e-mail me, we can discuss this more?
    automax1@juno.com
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I likely have an escapement, the spare 180 I have is too nice to part out. Nicer in fact than my "user" 180 I've had for years (decades, really...) Email me your address and I'll send the escapement, sector gear and main spring (just in case)

e
    Last edited by epatsellis; 08-03-2011 at 03:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin