Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,820   Online: 1151

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: 5x7 field camera, preferably within EU

I discovered that I need a 5x7inch (or13x18cm) folding field camera that would accept modern double film holders. I don't need anything shiny or with a good-sounding name, just some light-tight device to carry along and take pictures. I'd like to buy something light like the Nagaoka or Ikeda cameras, but even an old prophet like Ansco, Korona or Kodak 2D might do the trick. I intend this camera mostly for landscapes and other -scapes but at least some front rise/fall and tilts are reqired, front swing would be nice as well.

I am on a sort of tight budget, I was looking to spend something under 500EUR but will consider spending (a bit) more if you have something interesting to offer. Accessories like 4x5 reduction backs are wellcomed.

I prefer the camera to be in good shape, though the need of minor DIY repairs is OK as well.

Due to shipping costs and import taxes I'd very much prefer to buy within European Union, but...

Thank you for your offers!
    Last edited by andreios; 08-09-2011 at 07:16 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: addendum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PS: A whole plate camera would do as well, I could just make/find a 5x7 back for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    burke and james would be a good priced one
    "Why thats one of those old black and white cameras aint it?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nothing within the borders of the EU?
    (for the sake of portability I could be interested even in 4x5 - Speed Graphic, M.P.P. Microtechnical and similar)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What about this one ? The price is excellent, the minor faults easy to rectify, it has tilt and you can use a bit of rear swing.

If I had spare cash I'd buy it to restore for my own use.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still in the thick of searching..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin