Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,842   Posts: 1,582,639   Online: 1059

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would love to have the complete set, but I don't think I'll ever see on for sale. Too bad these haven't been digitized so everyone can enjoy them.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I found this website that states you can purchase pdf's of all issues. Worth a try. http://www.alternativephotography.co...ry-photography
    -Brian R. Beck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree, an eBook would be schweet. I'd pitch in some capital if I could get a cut of the action... so to speak.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

DAP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by brbeck View Post
    I found this website that states you can purchase pdf's of all issues. Worth a try. http://www.alternativephotography.co...ry-photography
    The first issue is offered as a free "sample" pdf. As far as I know there are no pdf versions of the other 8 issues.

The hardcopies are no longer available

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Someone that knows Judy Siegal should propose PDFing the entire set and making available for a reasonable fee (ore free if she's so inclined). It's a terrible shame to see a great source of information lost. The whole thing could be done without her having to do any work. Someone provides the issues for scanning, one or more of us scan and PDF, and someone handles to payments and distribution for her (if necessary).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    Someone that knows Judy Siegal should propose PDFing the entire set and making available for a reasonable fee (ore free if she's so inclined). It's a terrible shame to see a great source of information lost. The whole thing could be done without her having to do any work. Someone provides the issues for scanning, one or more of us scan and PDF, and someone handles to payments and distribution for her (if necessary).
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    35mm
    aren't there copyright issues if you scan the journals? I think there may be..
    What's wrong is wrong even if everyone does it. What's right is right even if nobody does it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Judy put a great deal of work into "Post Factory" and she does own the copyright. I have heard that she no longer on line but, as an earlier post indicated, her snail mail address is available. If I were considering copying her work. I would definitely get her permission. I have never met Judy but for several years we both belonged to the Alt-List and I can tell you that she was very generous sharing her experience and knowledge but she is also - what's the word - feisty.

I have know idea how Judy would respond to something along the lines of the approach Barry S suggested. It sounds like a good idea to me. Another thing to think about; the Journals are a collection of articles by many authors. Would these people also need to agree to reissuing their work in a new form? I don't know.

I have also heard that she still has some issues available but not all. If she were to agree to some form of reissuing the whole set, I have a complete set and could supply any missing issues, assuming all copyright issues are resolved.

As for just making a copy or scan and passing it on to a few people, I have got to go with David Hatton's tag line, "What's wrong is wrong even if everyone does it. What's right is right even if nobody does it."

Dan
    Daniel Williams
    Enumclaw WA USA

DAP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I would agree with Dan on this one...tread lightly!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well said Dan.
    If someone wanted to work with her and produce PDF's as an ebook it might be a worthwhile endeavor.
    As for copyrights on the articles, it probably depends on whatever agreement took place between the parties. Usually magazines pay for 1 time publishing of a work. So someone looking to republish would need new agreements with each of the authors.

For the SF anthology my wife co-edited, getting the agreements with each of the copyright holders was by far the most lengthy process of publishing the book.

I've never seen the magazine but I love the name. What was it about?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin