Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,187   Online: 666

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Wanted: Your expired, refigerator-kept film from the 80's

Judging from my success with 20-year expired Ektar 25 expired 4/1991 kept in a freezer, I would love to try my luck on some more of this film for a wedding in a couple weeks. It is not the only film I will be using but there are a few shots that I want that antiquated film grain look that I grew up with.

I love the grain on it and would like to re-create this look once again. I have a few shots off that roll in my Gallery shot through my Nikkormat.

I had posted this once a long long time ago and couldn't find the thread.

Must be 35mm, I'll take up to 400 speed. It's going in an autofocus Canon EOS system so DX coating is preferable but I can manually set it in-camera if it isn't.

Also looking for a Canon EF 28-90 USM plastic fantastic if you have one. Not a big necessity but the film is paramount. I have a 24-105 f4L but the aperture motor is on the fritz and I don't think I can fix it before the wedding.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    Multi Format

You couldn't find the thread?

"I had posted this once a long long time ago and couldn't find the thread."

If you lost track of where you put a post, up to the top in the info-bar there is a 'MY POSTS' window. Click on that and you will find where you posted something pretty easy. You have to be logged in to get that window. Ric.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    Judging from my success with 20-year expired Ektar 25 expired 4/1991 kept in a freezer, I would love to try my luck on some more of this film for a wedding in a couple weeks. It is not the only film I will be using but there are a few shots that I want that antiquated film grain look that I grew up with.

I love the grain on it and would like to re-create this look once again. I have a few shots off that roll in my Gallery shot through my Nikkormat.

I had posted this once a long long time ago and couldn't find the thread.

Must be 35mm, I'll take up to 400 speed. It's going in an autofocus Canon EOS system so DX coating is preferable but I can manually set it in-camera if it isn't.

Also looking for a Canon EF 28-90 USM plastic fantastic if you have one. Not a big necessity but the film is paramount. I have a 24-105 f4L but the aperture motor is on the fritz and I don't think I can fix it before the wedding.
    If you want to use Ektar the new version Ektar 100 according to Kodak is just as sharp and fine grained as the old ISO 25 stuff, that's progress.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    If you want to use Ektar the new version Ektar 100 according to Kodak is just as sharp and fine grained as the old ISO 25 stuff, that's progress.
    I've shot the new Ektar 100 and though it is great, it doesn't have that look that I remember seeing as a child. It almost looks like my 5d after it's been scanned and that was with cheap Minolta kit glass and a woeful 70-300 Tamron.

Whereas the Ektar 25 from 20 years ago I can instantly see the film grain and I know it's film, which was done through my Nikkormat. Absolutely lovely grain, in my gallery are a few shots of a classic car show that I did and I had a few prints made from it. Some of my friends asked me if that car show was going on in the 80's. I chuckled inside.
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've shot the new Ektar 100 and though it is great, it doesn't have that look that I remember seeing as a child. It almost looks like my 5d after it's been scanned and that was with cheap Minolta kit glass and a woeful 70-300 Tamron.

Whereas the Ektar 25 from 20 years ago I can instantly see the film grain and I know it's film, which was done through my Nikkormat. Absolutely lovely grain, in my gallery are a few shots of a classic car show that I did and I had a few prints made from it. Some of my friends asked me if that car show was going on in the 80's. I chuckled inside.
    I used to sell the old Ektar 25 in my shop when it was made, but I never personally used it.
    Ben

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Shame it's gotta be Ektar.

I have some expired stuff in my fridge and freezer, but I don't believe any of it is Ektar.

Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig View Post
    Shame it's gotta be Ektar.

I have some expired stuff in my fridge and freezer, but I don't believe any of it is Ektar.

Good luck!
    Well what do you have? I'm open to just about anything if it's old enough....and freezer / refrigerator kept. I just loved the grain on the 25 I shot, has that positive film look that newer films seem to be going away from.
    Canon 300v / A2

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm open to just about anything if it's old enough....and freezer / refrigerator kept.
    This changes things!

I have more stuff in 120 and 220, but I have some 35mm I suppose I can part with if need be. I'll get you list of what I'm willing to get rid of. I'm at work now, so I can't check, but I should be able to get into my fridge/freezer tomorrow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found a bunch of Ektar 25, APUG delivers as always!! lock it up like Fort Knox!!!!
    Canon 300v / A2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin