Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,491   Posts: 1,571,343   Online: 778

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

WTB: hood for a Olympus 35RC 43.5mm

I'm looking for a original hood for a Olympus 35RC or a 43.5mm metal or plastic screw-in hood. THX
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try this guy: www.filterfind.net

His name is Tim, he's in the Bay Area. Super nice guy, has dang near every filter/hood/adapter ever made!
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could buy a step up adapter ring, which I did, to use a more common size such as 52mm. I have one on mine, but truthfully it makes this small compact camera lose some of its charm. I never had any flare problems with the RC, but I always observe my scene and check for possible sources, and try shading with a hand or book in dire circumstances. (its a bit tricky with a rangefinder) Truthfully I dont even use this camera that often, my finger always manages to get in a shot every 10 or some frames LOL

Shooter
    35mm

Filter?

I have some original Olympus filters in this size, a skylight, a close up and one other. PM if you might be interested in those.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a 43.5mm rubber hood and UV filter for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7499.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The original Olympus RC hood is quite rare. It fits both RC and Trip and it's push on type. I had one but sold it with the camera.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A step-up and 52 or 49mm hood will work, but is likely to block a bit of the finder, unless you find a (more expensive) ventilated hood.

A seller by the name of heavystar on the auction site sells many sizes of metal hoods. I don't know anything else about this seller or his products, but have seen them.
    ---
    mike rosenlof
    louisville colorado usa

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin