Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,976   Posts: 1,523,644   Online: 1084

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: 6x6 Replacement Bellows

Hi all,

I'm looking for a set of 6x6 replacement bellows. I'm working on a project which requires a set of bellows like what would come on a common set of macro bellows for 35mm but slightly larger (basically the size of medium format macro bellows). I've looked at a few options such as replacement bellows for Hasselblad Arc Body and Flexbody cameras, bellows from a Pentax 67 macro bellows, bellows from Mamiya auto bellows etc. The problem is everything I can think of comes from an expensive source. I'm wondering if anyone here as set of square medium format size replacement bellows available. Please let me know. Thank you!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    buy a cheap 6x6 folder with a trashed lens and cannibalise for the bellows?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a set off a Durst enlarger, I'll see if I can find them later (this evening UK time). The other option is make some it's not that difficult these are a set I made for my Quarter plate camera, a non tapering set is easier still. Total cost less than $10 and that's with materials left over for more.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yea I definitely need square bellows for what I'm working on. Its one of my homebrew camera designs. Pulling them off of an old enlarger isn't a bad idea. I used to have several sitting around but tossed them last time we did a big cleaning.

The other option is make some it's not that difficult these are a set I made for my Quarter plate camera, a non tapering set is easier still. Total cost less than $10 and that's with materials left over for more.
    I could just make them I suppose. Ian, can you reference any link that you got instructions or a pattern from and also the materials you used. I've made them before but used too thick material so they didn't work out that well.

Thanks to all for the help!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sandeha Lynch sells Agfa Isolette bellows here: http://www.sandehalynch.com/isolette.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    Yea I definitely need square bellows for what I'm working on. Its one of my homebrew camera designs. Pulling them off of an old enlarger isn't a bad idea. I used to have several sitting around but tossed them last time we did a big cleaning.

I could just make them I suppose. Ian, can you reference any link that you got instructions or a pattern from and also the materials you used. I've made them before but used too thick material so they didn't work out that well.

Thanks to all for the help!
    I make my own materials, I restore focal pnae and other curtain shutters and make my own shutter cloth and essentially used this for my bellows.

It's very simple, I use black acrylic paint to seal and make thin black material light-tight, I work it into the cloth wiping off excess - this part is important for best flexibility. I've used 4 different Acrylic paints up to now, while all are fully light-tight I prefer one variety for shutter curtains as there's better flexibility, and another for things like bellows where the finish is more silk like (as opposed to matt). I do use the matt finish on the inside of bellows. It's aslo usefull for restoring bellows.

I found you needed to look at a few website for bellows making, none was quite right, I tend to make a paper version first, and now have my patterns drwn up in CorelDraw which I just adapt as needed.

Will check out the Durst bellows in an hour or so if I can find them.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent re-Durst bellows.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here is a link for making a square bellows, http://my.net-link.net/BA/D5/jsmigie...e_bellows.html done by Apugger Smieglitz.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Mamiya TLRs have two sets of bellows. The outer bellows are rectangular and enclose the viewing and taking lenses. Inside there is a square bellows for just the taking lens.

A scrap TLR would be a good bellows donor. I have one here. It wouldn't be worth posting the whole body to you but if I can work out how to remove them, I could send the inner bellows to you.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    Here is a link for making a square bellows, http://my.net-link.net/BA/D5/jsmigie...e_bellows.html done by Apugger Smieglitz.
    That's one of the best articles, it's some on tapered bellows taht aren't as good

Ian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin