Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,389   Online: 980

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

WTB - Rapid Omega 100 stuff

I just got a Rapid Omega 100 with a 90mm lens and one back. I'd like to add another lens and another back. I prefer cheap over pretty. Ugly hardware that works is fine. I like to think I'm pretty enough for me and the camera both... Well, my mother would agree even if the other 6 billion of you don't!

Looking for:

120 back (1 or 2)
    and one of:
    135mm lens - preferred
    180mm lens

Please email me if you have something, with a total price. Must take paypal. Thanks, Richard
    Last edited by rrankin; 09-24-2011 at 03:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Be advised used backs can have spacing problems.
    The ratchet advance usually can be relubed and there is a how to on the net but the Rapid back I tried to fix had a slightly different configuration.

I think 2 out of the 3 backs I have don't space correctly.

You probably know this but thought I'd mention it.

Good luck with your search. The Koni's a cool system.

oh btw: the 135 is rare and commands exorbitant prices.
    It wont focus all that close either.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks, Bruce. I don't know anything at all. I haven't even used it but like longer lenses in general over 'normal' length ones.

When they don't space, do the frames hit or are there not enough of them on a roll?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rrankin View Post

When they don't space, do the frames hit or are there not enough of them on a roll?
    Both!

They're inconsistent.

And I really would recommend you look for a 58mm/60mm lens plus the accessory viewfinder.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depends on how screwed up the back is.
    I get overlapping frames sometimes but it has been awhile considering I don't use those backs unless I'm trying to figure if I want to attempt to fix it.

Here is the repair tutorial
    http://www.mflenses.com/koni-omega-back-repair.html

I think one issue is your ratcheting action/advance action.
    If you are not deliberate and use the full stroke you can get overlapping.

All the lenses for this system are superb and the 58/60 is reported to be one of the best.
    It's non retro focus so the design can deliver less distortion and better sharpness into the corners if that is something you need.

Neither of the teles will really focus all that close so if you are into tighter headshots you may be out of luck.
    Last edited by brucemuir; 09-24-2011 at 04:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I started using a more robust technique to advance the film, my spacing problems went away.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well, 'robusting the film advance' seems to me to be the best part of using this thing, so maybe I won't have spacing issues... Feels like you are cocking a rifle. I love it. Is there a "Top Shot" for Koni users?

I'll update my search as well: I'm thinking a 180 and a 58/60 now plus at least one 120 back. The 135 seems to go for more than the other 2 lenses combined.

Richard

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ok, got a 60 and a 180, so now I could still use a 120 back or two.
    Thanks, Richard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin