Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,173   Online: 1025

Shooter
    Large Format

WTB: 210mm f5.6 Caltar II-S or Schneider Kreuznach Symmar-S

Doesn't have to be mint...I'm fine with some schneideritis as long as it doesn't affect the images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

Would a Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar 210/5.6 convertible (370/12) interest you? Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Good luck in your search.

Shooter
    Large Format

I have a Caltar 210 N

To my knowledge the S was made by Schnieder and the N was made by Rodenstock .. I have owned them both over the years .......The N is a later lense, multicoated for better contrast and in my opinion a better lens...

The problem with Schnieder lenses is that they eventually flake heavily in the glued area in the black out on the outside parimeter of the lens giving it speckeld appearance.. Some call it Schnieroisis .... In lenses past the excessivensess of this drove me nuts and in one case it cost me $500 when I went to sell the lens......Schnieder said they could fix this but it was expensive......For this reason I will never buy anouther Schnieder lens...

If you want my Caltar 210 N f 5.6 multicoated lens it is $385 with $15 shipping and would include insurance ...It is in a Copal 1 shutter and fully functional....It is a nice near mint lens that comes with a Calumet felt lens wrap ( all nice lenses should have lens wraps) and a 67mm Hoya UV filter.....It will come with lens caps both front and rear ( all nice lenses should have lens caps both front and rear) ....I would rate this lens a solid 9 to 9+ .To find anything nicer you should be buying a new lens.......It is mounted on a Toyo 6.2 lens board and if you want this it is $20.

John Cremati johnjohnc@att.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a nice Caltar II-N I can offer also. These are basically Rodenstock Apo-Sironar N lenses. Excellent glass, can't go wrong with them. Feel free to PM/Email if interested.

-Ed

Shooter
    Large Format

Sorry, NO APO design unless indicated on the lens.

Caltar II N lenses are not APO designed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    AFAIK, the apo sironar and sironar are the same.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If it is APO designed it will say APO. Contact the MFG to verify..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin