Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,253   Online: 1008

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: RB67 system with 3 lenses

My friend is looking for this system. We've explored ALL his options and he is set on this system, so please don't send a PM with something else in mind. He's looking for a Mamiya RB67 with 3 lenses, preferably a 50, 90, 150 combo or similar (65, 90, 127, etc). He would like 2 backs if possible and a WLF and 90 degree prism as well. His budget for this system is around $600. Shipping will be to Canada and seller will have to be able to ship as "gift" (it's close to Christmas afterall). Condition is of no concern as long as the camera works perfectly and any marks on the glass don't affect image quality.

Thanks in advance.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Your friend should shop on the big auction site and build a kit. The budget's a bit tight for all that gear unless he can settle for 90mm+180mm without a wide angle, which are pricier. Personally, I think beater condition gear is a false economy since it ups the odds of repair. KEH may still have some new K/L lenses on sale that are worth a look--at last look, cheaper than some of the beaters on auction. Get a Pro S or SD body. Together with Pro S and SD backs, you get the goof-proof 2x exp. lock-outs the earlier Pro bodies and backs lacked. Most Pro S backs and Pro S RB adapters need new light seals--a no-sweat DIY job. BTW, there's no eye-level prism finder, just the 30 degree old and new prism finders.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a very nice RB67 Pro SD with 220 back and WLF.

PM sent.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you are willing to buy pieces I have a couple 120 backs and a prism to sell ya cheap?

BTW KEH has a 180mm lens BGN for $40, here is a good start to your system...

http://www.keh.com/camera/Mamiya-RB-...000187500?r=FE

e-mail me?
    Last edited by paul ron; 11-28-2011 at 07:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Jordanstar -

CGW is spot on.

Beginning last spring and through the Fall, i bought a RB Pro-S body w/WLF (EX+ cond. KEH) for $150, a Pro-S 120 back (eBay - EX. condition, but needed light seals) $40, a 180mm Sekor C (eBay - is in EX condition) $100 and a 65mm Sekor C w/*3* filters included (eBay and is in nearly NEW condition) for $200. Including shipping, it came in a bit over $500.

I learned about/knew what i was shopping for and waited, searched, waited some more and bought when i found a great deal. This was *last year*.

This year prices have exponentially increased and prices like the ones i got are simply not there. Your friend needs to either increase budget, decrease a lens/view-finder purchase or risk buying poorer condition gear.

I would've added a middle-length lens also, but my budget was ~$500 so the middle-ground lens became a "next year" lens. It's "next year" and i'm still not sure i need the middle focal length.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin