Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,124   Posts: 1,636,923   Online: 961

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Need a Siriocon 50 condenser for Durst m670 bw enlarger

Hi

Anyone having one of these condensers laying around?

Would be happy to take it off your hands, I already have everything I need for 6*6 and 6*7 and the lens for 35mm, but apparently the enlarger needs this condenser to work properly with the 50mm lens and 35mm negatives.

Kind regards
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sorry for asking the obvious: what goes wrong if you combine the larger condenser with the 50mm?

I actually have an M670 with both the 6x6 and 35mm condensers but I don't recall ever trying the above combination. However, I do it all the time in my M800 without any apparent problem.

Sander

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should probably ask the admins to delete this advert, because after some feedback, I've learned that the condenser is not the problem, it's the lens attachment board.

The problem was that I could not focus with the 50mm lens, I was assuming that the condenser was the causing it.
    After some feedback, I learned that I actually need a lens board that will put my 50mm closer to the negative.

And after that feedback, I had a brain fart and a spew of inspiration, so I made a lens board from the bottom of a writable cd-rom spindle (usually black with an axis on it where the cd's are put trough).

I made a hole which the lens would snuggly fit trough and then adjusted the outer dimensions so that I could attach it to the enlarger and lo and behold, I am able to focus now =)

I have ordered a lens board from Durst. The board cost €15, while the shipping cost €40 (yes), but it is on it's way and I will use the DIY-board I made until i receive the proper one. (eBay came up empty).
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helinophoto View Post
    I should probably ask the admins to delete this advert, because after some feedback, I've learned that the condenser is not the problem, it's the lens attachment board..
    You can close this thread yourself. At the top right corner near where it says "Thread Tools" it says "Administrative". If you click on that, you can follow the instructions to close the thread.

This is only available because it is a "Classifieds" thread, and it is only available to you, as the person who started the thread.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin