Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,002   Online: 752

dpn
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

WTB: Ugly but Functional 4x5 Starter Kit

I've been selling a bunch of stuff to fund my entrance into 4x5. I've sold enough to justify a WTB post.

Here's what I'm looking for:

An ugly but functional 4x5 field or press camera featuring a normal lens mounted on a lensboard with a reasonably-accurate shutter. Somewhere between 1 or 3 decent film holders.

Essentially, used 4x5 on a budget. I don't care if the camera smells like cat pee and has more dents than a golfball; if it's light-tight, has an accurate shutter, and is capable of introducing me to the glories (and frustrations) or large format, I'm interested.

... so, what would, say, $300 get me? Or do I really need to come up with more cash for a LF starter camera?

Thanks all for your indulgence!

-- Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think 300 would be a perfectly reasonable amount to spend on what you're looking for, you can pick up a 4x5 graphic-view body for 80$, a no name lens with a good shutter for another 50$ and some older film holders for 3$ a pop. Just shop around.

Shooter
    Large Format
    It is not ugly but mint condition a Toyo G 4x5 view camera... Revolving back Metal case extra rail, nice light tight bellows. Dark cloth included ....

I like the large 6.2 inch lensboards for old lenses ....I also like the removeable bellows, spring back ground glass...The case is a aluminum professonal case... It is all in nice condition... It was Toyo's top of the line view camera and still is...It is a camera you will be proud of and enjoy using.

Price $385 plus shipping...( I will ship in camera case )

John Cremati johnjohnc@att.net

dpn
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Argh, John C., you're killing me. But I really don't want a view camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had a Busch Pressman for 5 years and it's always been great, I think I paid about 150$ for it with a lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Bush Pressman 4x5 model D

I have a Busch Mod D with Orig.manual,Kodak Ektar 127mm f4.7 lens with Orig. cap,View Focus Range finder Not installed but is complete with all parts and Copy on manual,
    Heiland Flash I have not used but it appears to be complete but no bulbs,Revolving back, 2 spare lens boards9 1 is OEM 1 I made up)Filters and hood and 9 Film holders, all
    in a box That might be original equipment.
    It has the Original Busch ground glass and another unmarked Ground glass.
    Let me know If you want some photos and I will E mail some to you.
    I am asking $300.00 plus shipping from Humboldt County calif.

dpn
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Got a bunch of things to think about. Thanks all for the replies!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin