Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,169   Online: 806

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

WTB: Contax GG-2 Lens Hood

Hi,

I'm on the hunt for one of these hoods and need it rather quickly as we move Jan 5th (I want to have it with me on the 7 day road trip). KEH has one but their hood is $37 and shipping is $60! I might phone them tomorrow to see if it's really that much. I see some after market hoods on ebay but they all say 10-15 days for delivery. I thought maybe someone here has a spare and can quickly fedex it to me. It doesn't seem like something that small and light should be $60 for fedex but maybe it is. Also open to suggestions for a used dealer who might have one and is reasonable on shipping. Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have one (with cap) but I don't think -quite sure actually- that regular mail will get it to you before 5 January (Christmas and all). Fast delivery is possible but that would be 77 Euros, ouch!

Better try to source one locally- an Australian member perhaps?

Just out of curiosity: why do you want this hood (that fits the Contax G 45mm f/2)? The lens is extremely resistant to flare and the hood is pretty tiny anyway. Or do you want it for protection of the front element?

Good luck, you have some time left.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    An APUGer pm'd me about a good source in China with replicas, so I now have one on the way for reasonable cost. Lighting/weather can be quite wild and erratic in NZ so I thought best to have a hood for flare and a bit of protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I switched to a Chinese hood with a fitted cap combo that I prefer to the original on my 45mm (slightly larger, longer, more efficient). Have a good trip and enjoy some 35mm experience again!
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Can you post the link to where you purchased the chinese version.

THanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This is the one I ordered: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...E:L:OC:US:1123

I can't vouch for the quality of it yet as it will not be here for a few days.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin