Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,716   Online: 791

Shooter
    Multi Format

Interested in Leitz Focomat Ic

Hi all,

I'm been considering a small 35mm only enlarger that I'd be able to take with me on extended trips. I've decided that I'd like a Leitz Focomat Ic. I'm looking for a well taken care of full setup (holders included) in excellent condition. Preferably one set up with a Focotar-2 50mm f4.5. If anyone has one that they're not using I could probably use it. Please let me know how much you'd like to part with it. Thanks!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Hello,

Perhaps a solution would be for APUG members to offer their darkrooms for use/hire to traveling members, a lot easier than lugging an enlarger around and trying to make 1001 motel rooms work for printing

Easier to take your new Golden Busch around and make charcoal sketches off the GGS - By the way, get that camera, they were some of the best made cameras in the history of photography - I lusted after one when they were first advertised

If you come to WA you will be welcome to use our darkroom, but without angst

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thats a pretty great idea actually. But I still want the Focomat I'd like to have it in my darkroom either way. As to that Golden Busch, I'd love to have it and would certainly make use of it but the price tag is way too high especially considering I'm now able to disassemble and reassemble my 20x24 anywhere inside of 5 minutes. I actually contacted the seller so see if they would break the sale apart as I'm interested in only the body and not the lens upon which they seem to be basing much of the price but I got no response. I'm sure they're just trying to recoup what they paid which is understandable but its too rich for my blood and realistically the price would really have to be right for me to bring home another 20x24 and then go through the trouble of selling by current 20x24.

Thank you for the darkroom invitation by the way! Very much appreciated!
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The lC is autofocus. They also made the Valoy which was manual focus, same sort of setup though. Lighter and likely easier to transport. less $$ too.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yea, I've always been interested in the Ic and the V which I believe was the other auto focus one. I've known people who claim the Ic could focus a neg better then a grain focuser. I don't know if I believe that but soon I'll find out
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a 1C years ago and really enjoyed using it. If you can find one with the filter drawer in the lamp housing it wold (obviously) be easier for variable contrast stuff.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    I've known people who claim the Ic could focus a neg better then a grain focuser. I don't know if I believe that but soon I'll find out
    Since paper is sensitive in a range different from the eye, that focuses a bit differently than the visual focus, that's easy to believe.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin