Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,828   Online: 1107

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

WTB - old, beat up 8x10 parts camers

If it is functional, but just needs some love, that counts too. I need a winter project. I'm thinking of a hot rodded version of a old 8x10. I did this with a beat Calumet c1, but that was reasonably simple. The C1 wasn't too heavy, but it was bulky and difficult for us short people to use...so I ended up selling it. If all you have are the metal bits and/or back, I'd be interested. I can make them, but they are the most time consuming along with the bellows.

Thanks -- Mark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mark,

I have what I believe to be a whole plate Lancaster. Back is complete and intact (and is what makes me think it might be a Lancaster). Most of the wood for the base seems to be there, but the front standard is completely missing. Bellows are shot but there to serve as template. Most of the brass is probably present (I haven't inventoried it fully). I can take some photos if you're interested. Make me a not too generous offer and its yours.

Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotoguy20d View Post
    Mark,

I have what I believe to be a whole plate Lancaster. Back is complete and intact (and is what makes me think it might be a Lancaster). Most of the wood for the base seems to be there, but the front standard is completely missing. Bellows are shot but there to serve as template. Most of the brass is probably present (I haven't inventoried it fully). I can take some photos if you're interested. Make me a not too generous offer and its yours.

Dan
    I'll drop you a PM.

Thanks -- Mark

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a C1 rear standard, with no back, and a bellows for it. Haven't checked the bellows for leaks but I'm pretty sure it is ok. There is also a non-standard front standard with no movements and made to ride on a single round rail instead of the normal C1 setup.

Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Richard.....I'll drop you a PM.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin