Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,202   Online: 1071

Shooter
    Large Format

FS: Protar VIIa 8 1/2", 13 3/4", 16 1/8" triple convertible

This is a very nice B&L Zeiss Protar VIIa 8 1/2", 13 3/4", 16 1/8" triple convertible in Optimo shutter. Covers 8x10 with some movement (more coverage than a 210 Dagor), but best suited for full plate, 5x7, or 4x5.

This is a very fine lens in much better condition than you can usually find. I used it on 5x7 both at 8 1/2" and converted with excellent results, but I no longer have a camera suited for it. The shutter works well; it is pneumatic (like a Compound) and has a pneumatic release. Virtually no edge separation (quite unusual with these), some general brassing on the shutter, ding in "filter" ring. Really very nice overall for one of these old lenses.

I really don't know the market for these any more, they used to be expensive and hard to come by, but I know times have changed. I don't have a use for it anymore, so please make an offer if you can use it. I'll need to add shipping to your offer since it is not always clear where everyone is and I want to be fair.

Payment by PayPal as a "gift". US only. Preference to Apug regulars (I mention this only because I've had some suspicious inquiries and offers in the past).

Shooter
    Large Format
    please give us some images. Thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Umm... I'll give you $50 for it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sold a while back, I think a later listing. I forgot all about this one and should have closed the thread.

Old-N-Feeble, thank you for the generous offer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin