Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,286   Posts: 1,535,283   Online: 919

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS - Brass Lenses $95 and less

Brass lenses - $95 or less... All measurements are approximate. Shipping in USA: $8 for one, $11.50 for as many as you want to buy. I have no problem shipping overseas as long as you have a track record here on APUG.

Paypal & USPS money orders are both fine; No need to send it as a 'gift'... $$ to APUG if sold here.

PM or EMAIL only please

1) Lancaster Wide Angle Rectigraph. $65 I used this lens for years. Probably designed for 4x5 or 5x7 stopped down, I used it on an 8x10 to capture the entire image circle. This is a great little lens BUT it has a problem. The front element is loose. It appears that the elements were cemented into the mounts when made. This one is loose, so I put a tiny piece of stick-em stuff along the interior edge to keep it in place. Without that problem, this would cost a lot more. 36mm diameter at the threads. OLD AD PHOTO

2) No Name 8" rapid rectilinear; $55, approx 44mm diameter at threads. Looks to me like it is for 5x7 and obviously usable on 4x5.

3) Pantagraph Rapid Rectilinear; $75, 8" focus; originally sold for and engraved '5x8'. Also engraved 'Jas W Queen & Co Philadelphia PA'. HAS a flange included. Cut for stops, none included.

4) Lancaster Rectigraph, $55, approx 8" focal length, rr type lens in an interesting copper barrel. This is missing a small piece of metal right above the aperture adjustment ring. I'm not sure what is meant to be on the ring, but probably the aperture numbers and Lancasters weird 'time' numbers that no one actually understands... So, you'd have to calculate smaller apertures and mark them, with it being f8 wide open. These is about 1mm of edge separation on the glass, but nowhere near the middle where your image is going to be coming through.

5) Orthopanactinic, 11" $90, probably for whole plate size. Mentioned in the 1889 BJA if you want to Google it. Approx 60mm diameter at threads, cut for stops, none included. Glass has very small (1mm) ring of edge separation

6) No Name 11" focal length, $85, 60mm diameter at threads; has working aperture f8-f64; probably originally sold for whole plate or 8x10 closer than infinity

7) Thornward Special Convertible 8x10; $75, Approx 12" ; 65mm diameter at threads. Has working aperture f8 - f512

8) Standard Optical Company, $95, Newark NJ, Standard Symmetrical f6.8 Equiv 12 1/2" focal length. Cut for stops, none included; 65mm at threads. The threads have some tape on them that would need to be removed to use a flange, if you have one. Rear element has 1mm of edge separation but this is a really nice, solid lens for 8x10.

9) Perken Rayment Rapid Euryscope 9x7 Optimus; $90, approx 12" and usable on 8x10; approx 65mm at threads. I used a similar one of these for a while and really liked it. These are highly under-rated lenses.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #5 and #9 sold pending payment

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #2 and #7 sold pending payment

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #3 & #8 sold pending payment

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #6 sold pending payment

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #1 and #4 are both still available. #6 is not paid yet so could be available. The rest are paid and mailed.
    Richard

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #6 is sold, #1 and #4 still available

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #1 and #4 also gone pending payment
    Thanks all!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin