Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,841   Online: 858

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the interest and comments from posters above, but this has been SOLD!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jshaw35 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. It would be worth taking a look at it myself, I am an electronics technician but sometimes it would take longer to play around with it and possibly make things worse, as I have not worked on one of these meters before as well as no schematics to work with, then to have an experienced tech repair it. If its better to buy another one then spend as much as I paid for it in repairs, I will take the gamble and try to fix it myself. I'll let you know how it works out.
    If anyone is interested, I was able to re-calibrate my meter with the potentiometers that are on the back of the meter under the ISO(asa/din) plate. It took a lot of trial and error as well as using my digital camera to calibrate the meter to but I am confident that the meter is within 1/2 stop accuracy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is it accurate across all light values? That is, is it just as accurate in low light as in bright? That's the hard part about calibrating a meter. I thought these meters were calibrated electronically by plugging the circuit board into a computer rather than adjusting resistors on the board...
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    35mm
    Chris I found it accurate, but I did not spend a lot of time studying it. I don't use meters that much (don't need them really) except only as a guide and if it's a modern TTL meter and the light condition are difficult.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post
    Is it accurate across all light values? That is, is it just as accurate in low light as in bright? That's the hard part about calibrating a meter. I thought these meters were calibrated electronically by plugging the circuit board into a computer rather than adjusting resistors on the board...
    I have not done extensive testing but I tried it in full sun and in the shade comparing the readings with a digital camera (Nikon D300), and using the readings I got from the meter, I set the cameras aperture with very good results on the histogram. I also used the flash readings from the Minolta meter and a Polaroid back with Fuji FP 100c on my Fuji GX 680 and the exposure was perfect. So I guess it is safe to say that it worked well enough to rely on for exposure settings. Some of the components in the meter were probably off due to aging and the variable resistors were able to compensate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin