Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,016   Online: 1094

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta Autometer IIIF with Case and Strap - Superb Condition

I am selling Minolta Autometer IIIF with case and strap in superb condition. This is dead-to-rights accurate incident light handheld meter that measures ambient and flash illumination. A wide range of optional accessories are available on the used camera market for this meter, including adapters to convert it to a reflected meter and more. A free manual is available at http://www.butkus.org/chinon/minolta...meter_iiif.htm

Sold as shown with case, strap, and working fresh battery.

Price: $89 plus shipping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails autometer-1.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My first meter was an Autometer IIIF. Bought it when I was 15 after saving money from mowing yards all summer! I still have it. Great meter
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Out of calibration

I recently bought one of these on Ebay and although it was in excellent condition the accuracy of the meter was underexposing by about 4 stops. There is a calibration adjustment in back where the battery is but is only a +/- 1 stop adjustment. Would you know of a fix for the calibration, as I said its a shame since its in very good physical shape?

Shooter
    35mm
    I would think any good repair tech could fix it, although it might be cheaper to buy another one. Be sure your batteries are fresh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davela View Post
    I would think any good repair tech could fix it, although it might be cheaper to buy another one. Be sure your batteries are fresh.
    Brand new battery just installed soon after I purchased the meter. I guess I will see if I can get a quote on repairs if there is someone close by, I dont want to have to pay for shipping as well. Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jshaw35 View Post
    I recently bought one of these on Ebay and although it was in excellent condition the accuracy of the meter was underexposing by about 4 stops. There is a calibration adjustment in back where the battery is but is only a +/- 1 stop adjustment. Would you know of a fix for the calibration, as I said its a shame since its in very good physical shape?
    Mine did that a couple yrs after I bought it. I sent it to Minolta for repair, which cost me $75 back then. They said a circuit board went bad; they replaced it. It wasn't something that could be adjusted. Send it to Quality Light Metric, they did a similar repair on a Flash Meter IV for $90 last year. It would be as cheap to buy another, but if QLM fixes it, it'll be basically a new meter that you know works.

My old Autometer IIIF has worked flawlessly since Minolta fixed it 15 years ago.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Fine meter,I've got one too and it uses the same battery as the rz67!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post
    Mine did that a couple yrs after I bought it. I sent it to Minolta for repair, which cost me $75 back then. They said a circuit board went bad; they replaced it. It wasn't something that could be adjusted. Send it to Quality Light Metric, they did a similar repair on a Flash Meter IV for $90 last year. It would be as cheap to buy another, but if QLM fixes it, it'll be basically a new meter that you know works.

My old Autometer IIIF has worked flawlessly since Minolta fixed it 15 years ago.
    Thanks for the reply. It would be worth taking a look at it myself, I am an electronics technician but sometimes it would take longer to play around with it and possibly make things worse, as I have not worked on one of these meters before as well as no schematics to work with, then to have an experienced tech repair it. If its better to buy another one then spend as much as I paid for it in repairs, I will take the gamble and try to fix it myself. I'll let you know how it works out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These are excellent meters and this one is priced right. If I didn't already have one, I would get this one.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it's not sold yet, could you estimate shipping to Czech republic, if you are willing to ship overseas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin