Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,890   Online: 978

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Minolta Autocord with improved focusing lever.

For sale is my Minolta Autocord with a much improved, stronger focusing lever and a nice dark green leatherette. Serial number is 166816. Viewing lens is a Rokkor 75mm 3.2, and the taking lens is a Chiyoko Rokkor 75mm 3.5. The shutter is a Seikosha MX. If my research on the internet is correct, I believe this model came out in 1958.

The shutter speeds are accurate and the lenses are nice and clear with no oil on the aperture blades. The body is in great shape, there is a little bit of rust on the silver metal bar that runs under the bottom of the camera and some of the black paint on the sides of the camera has worn out but nothing out of the ordinary. I also took the liberty of flocking the inside of the camera (photo 5) to pretty much eliminate flare. (You'll still need to use a lens shade.)

I bought it in 2009 and with a lot of Autocords, the focusing ring broke and all I had to work with was a metal stub for focusing. On Ebay I found someone who was selling a focusing lever that he had made himself. I purchased it and sent it along with the Autocord to Dean Williams (now retired) in Idaho in January 2010 to replace the lever and do a basic CLA. Dean not only did camera repairs he is a machinist. The new focusing lever fit but it rested closer against the body of the camera than the original lever so he trimmed down part of the metal bars near the bottom of the camera so now the focusing lever moves freely and smoothly. This is a much nicer lever than the original, much stronger. When I got it back I replaced the black leatherette with a dark green leatherette from cameraleather.com.

Autocords are one of only two tlrs (I think. The other was the Ricohmatic 225) that unexposed film moves from the top of the camera to the bottom insuring film flatness. I've taken a lot of nice images with this camera and I think you will be impressed with its sharpness and great bokeh. Original Autocord lens cap included.

This camera is ready to go out of the box. $280 via Paypal which includes shipping within in the U.S. and $300 for First Class International Postage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img486.jpg   img487.jpg   img488.jpg   img489.jpg   img492.jpg  

img186.jpg  
    Last edited by Chrismat; 04-18-2012 at 11:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found the leather case for it a day after I posted this ad, I had forgotten about it. I will add photos of it tonight. No extra charge for the case.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just a few photos of the Autocord leather case added with no extra charge. It is in decent shape, there is some stitching missing to the left of Minolta Autocord logo (photo 1) and it looks like a grommet is missing from the metal clasp that attaches the top and bottom pieces (photo 3).

I failed to mention in the original post that I will accept postal money orders as well as Paypal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img501.jpg   img502.jpg   img500.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very tempting but my money is spoken for courtesy an upcoming trip to NYC.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $265 for U.S. delivery and $285 for International Shipping. Case included.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This looks like an excellent example of a wonderful camera. It's the Seikosha MX shutter model with 10 rounded blades; after this they went to 8 straight blades if this means anything to you. I have one and it's a great street shooter. Hold it in the left palm with the index finger on the focus lever, right hand with finger on shutter release, and it is quick and responsive. Great lens. Someone should buy this camera! Here's a series taken with it, to give people an idea that is a quality setup. You may not like my images but I think even at 1000x1000 the basic quality of the lens shows- http://dandaniel.zenfolio.com/p55708...a97e#h3e32a97e
    (Chrismat, let me know if you want my post and/or link removed, edited, etc. I just have a thing for Autocords and find it hard to believe that one at a fair price in good condition sits around doing nothing)

Shooter
    35mm
    I really want this camera but won't be able to afford it for a few weeks.

I'll PM you when I have the money to spare and see if it's still available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pending payment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sold.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin