Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,048   Online: 902

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

FS: Canon FTb QL, Minolta Flashmeter, and 50mm Canon FL 1.8

Alright, purging some randoms from me shelves.

First up:

Canon FTb QL in pretty darn good condition. Exterior is almost new with the number "100" etched on the back. Shutter works and according to a roll of E6, is accurate. Meter works but it reads about 1/2 stop too high since it has a higher voltage. No light leaks. Pretty snazzy camera. Only bummer is that some gunk has come loose and is floating around in the prism, so if you know how to take the top off, you can clean it. I just have no desire. $30

Second:

Minolta Flashmeter V also in good condition. A few scuffs here and there, but it comes with the case, dome and 10 degree spot attachment. Now, I don't know if I am stupid (quite the possibility), but I seemingly can't figure out switching between ambient and flash consistently. It will be darn accurate, then switch back to flash mode. Not sure if it's user error or electronic. $50

Thirdly:

50mm Canon FL 1.8 lens. In solid condition, aperature is smooth and functions fine. There's a bit of dust which you can see in the image. Otherwise, I was downright blown away at the sharpness of this lens. So hey, it's a good user for whatever you have lying around. $15

Shipping is from 87505 in NM, so we can work out whatever.

Attaching some pics

Thanks

Sorry, my phone is my only digital camera...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-04-26_19-38-12_273.jpg   2012-04-26_19-38-22_803.jpg   2012-04-26_19-38-43_929.jpg   2012-04-26_19-39-06_499.jpg   2012-04-26_19-39-30_109.jpg  

2012-04-26_19-40-25_330.jpg  
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Klain, do you think the gunk is inside the prism or perhaps just on the focussing screen?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's on the focusing screen as far as I can tell. I cleaned the mirror and bottom of the focusing screen with an air brush very gently, but the stuff on the screen remained. Unfortunately, it looks like the top of the camera must be removed in order to access the screen, so I haven't done it. At this point, I might give it a shot since it's pretty much worthless to me and there doesn't seem to be much interest.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    It's on the focusing screen as far as I can tell. I cleaned the mirror and bottom of the focusing screen with an air brush very gently, but the stuff on the screen remained. Unfortunately, it looks like the top of the camera must be removed in order to access the screen, so I haven't done it. At this point, I might give it a shot since it's pretty much worthless to me and there doesn't seem to be much interest.
    I explored opening up a Nikkormat prism but never even started because I obtained a pdf exploded view and decided I better not.
    It was doable but I had several other projects at that time.

Hope you get it worked out because it looks so minor.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yeah, I found some instructions. It appears to be mildly easy (I've actually taken entire shutters apart and put them back together, so a bit fearless), but I just have been so GD busy at work that I am too burnt out to do it. Maybe a weekend project.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Canon and Flashmeter gone!

Anyone have any use for that poor ol lens?

Attaching a picture taken with it while wandering about. No filter, nada. And I was moving!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CerillosChurch.jpg  
    K.S. Klain

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin