Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,070   Online: 844

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS Brass Rapid Rectilinear, 210mm , f/8, covers 8x10

I've had this brass lens now for a few years and haven't used it very much. It's in very good shape. There are some marks on the elements, but overall the glass is very good. The aperture blades look dirty but it opens and closes well, although a little tight. It comes with the brase mounting ring. This lens makes incredibly sharp and contrasty pictures. It's also a tiny lens, and a moderate wide-angle on 8x10. I estimate the focal length to be about 210mm. The picture of the plant is an example. I don't know what's it's worth so I'll just keep it posted here and on the LF forum for about a week to see what offers come in. It does cover 8x10 (I used it on my 8x10), but there is virtually no wiggle room. It's ideal for a Thornton Pickard shutter. If interested, PM me or email me at luigi@luigipasto.com.

Luigi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RR1.jpg   RR2.jpg   RR3.jpg  
    Last edited by Pasto; 05-06-2012 at 02:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just realized that I may have broken a listing rule by not including a price. I apologize if this is the case. Problem is I don't know what it's worth. OK, so I'll start high, but will consider other offers. Asking $450 + shipping + Paypal Fees. Hope this is better

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent
    Sincerely,
    Matthew

Horseman L45 || Rolleicord VB || Mamiya RB67

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It worries me that it covers 10x8 is that at Infinity ?

I have a few RR's and bigger 300mm lenses cover 52x8", larger still Whole Plate but not 10"x8".

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi Ian, I'll double check if the corners of the ground glass darken at infinity....When I checked last it seemed to cover. I'll post ASAP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasto View Post
    Hi Ian, I'll double check if the corners of the ground glass darken at infinity....When I checked last it seemed to cover. I'll post ASAP.
    IUs darkening atb infinityngood nor bad ?

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi again Ian. I'm not sure that I understand your last post? Regarding the coverage of the lens, I just checked and this is what I found. Focused at infinity and at f/9, the lens just covers the ground glass. I played with the rise and shift to see the darkening of the corners and it looks like it just covers. Of course, the corners of the ground glass on my century universal are cut so there may be some darkening at the far corners that I can not see. I'm not sure how these RR lenses respond to closing down as far as image circle is concerned? If the image circle increases at all when stopped down then it will certainly cover the format. As I mentioned, no wiggle room at all. Accordingly, I would consider it a useable lens on 8x10. Would appreciate your thoughts on this...

Luigi

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Forgot to add that it's probably a bit longer than 210mm. I compared it with my fujinons 210mm and 250mm and it's focal length is somewhere in between, but closer to the 210mm.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sold! Thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin