Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,586   Online: 896

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

FS: Mitchell Graph-Check Sequence camera (8 exposure sequence on one 4x5 picture)

OK you know the story - way too many random photo projects, not enough hours in the day, not enough room in the house. I figured I'd see if anyone else had more interest in playing with this. It is a sequence camera, originally designed for, of all things, checking golf swings. A golf pro could snap a photo of someone's swing on Polaroid 57 and a minute later he's studying it with them. It's in fairly pristine shape, with case and 13 sheets left of a box of 20 Polaroid 57 that was still good when I played with it a couple of years ago. My longer term plan was to use a regular 4x5 film holder and push the crap out of some Tri-X or something, since Polaroid 57 (ISO 3000) is getting a little hard to come by. It's just a Polaroid 545i holder slipped into it, so that comes out and you could put any 4x5 holder in there in its place.

The two adjustments are aperture and time between snaps, so you could shoot in bright light and use the "Dull light" aperture and not have to push the Tri-X quite so hard.

It comes with everything you see in the pictures - camera with 545i, case, 13 sheets of 57. It also comes with the manual except right now that is in a box somewhere in a storage unit (I'm sort of mid-move between houses) so I'd just have to send that to you someday once I unpack it... but the camera is pretty self-evident to use. In the next post, I'll put an example picture I shot with it of my son swinging a lacrosse stick.

I'd like to get $75 plus shipping for it. Let's just call it $15 UPS shipping in the US, or I'll figure it out for international destinations.

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I looked at that photo, and even though I don't particularly play golf, I thought, "what a spectacularly lousy golf swing." Then I realized that was a lacrosse stick.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, that would be the picture you would get of someone throwing their club into the lake after a bad round :-)

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    click, click, click, click

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    I see you've used one of these before!

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    I see you've used one of these before!
    Yes, but I sucked at it... didn't do a darned thing for my ego.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I want it, but the wife said no

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybob20 View Post
    I want it, but the wife said no
    Oooo... that's got to make your thingy feel really small. Been there... done that... divorced it. Trying to keep the FAMILY TOGETHER is very challenging and balancing a budget is an extremely important part of the equation. Worth the "small feeling"? Yeah, probably. Worth the feeling of complete worthlessness imposed by a control-freak? No.
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 05-12-2012 at 06:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sold!

Duncan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin