Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,975   Online: 1032

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Nikon 50mm f/1.8G AF-S

I accidentally ordered this lens twice from Amazon. I just got the shipping notice for the second one, which came as quite a shock to me. Since they seem to be back ordered by a month or more I thought I would offer it to an APUG member first before I send it back.

I have to say I am very happy with the first copy of this lens I received a few weeks ago. It is a nice improvement over the AFD version on a modern camera like the F100 and the digital bodies. Very sharp, and the backgrounds blur nice and smoothly when shot open.

Price is $219 (what I paid for it) plus Paypal fees and shipping. It arrives here on Friday, so no pictures. I am trusting it will be in like new condition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great lens. I have one and enjoy it, if I had to give up all my Nikon glass except one lens I would keep this one.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It is a great lens. I just wish they would take the same knowledge they used for the 50 and 85 f/1.8 AFS lenses and make a new 35mm f/2. While I like the current 35mm AFD, it could certainly use an update.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If only it wasn't a G
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    If only it wasn't a G
    I know. I wish they would have left the aperture rings on the new lenses. Seems a shame we can't have the new optical performance on our older cameras. At least the G lenses work OK on the F100 and F5. Too bad my Nikormat can't use it. But for that I like the manual focus AIS lenses better anyway.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin