Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,561   Online: 1050

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

FS: Kodak SO-331 (like 2369/5369) High Contrast Pan Intermediate Film in 100' rolls

Still trying to pare down the contents of my film fridge...

I have a few cans of SO-331 film that are spooled down from a 1000 foot roll. This is either a prototype of 2369, or a special order Estar base version of 5369 (which is normally acetate) before they made 2369 an official product, thus the SO number. Here is how Kodak describes this film:

EASTMAN High Contrast Panchromatic Film 5369 and
    EASTMAN High Contrast Panchromatic Film 2369, 3369 /
    ESTAR Base are high-contrast, panchromatic films. They
    have ultra-high resolving power, with excellent definition
    and sharpness. The films are approximately 2 camera stops
    faster than EASTMAN Fine Grain Release Positive Film
    5302. The primary use of these films is for making silhouette
    mattes and traveling mattes for printer control.

And yes the film is very high contrast! I have not tried developing it to a more normal contrast, but that's probably worth exploring. It's slow (about ISO 25) and insanely fine-grained, so that might be appealing for some uses. Here is the Kodak tech sheet on it:

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...s_lab_5369.pdf

I spool it down using rewinds and split reels from a 1000 foot roll onto a 2" core, then put it in a used plastic bag and metal can from 100' bulk rolls. Because of the bigger core, I usually can't quite get 100' on there and still have it fit in the can or bulk loaders. In this case, with the thinner Estar base, I think I got at least 100' on there but it's only approximate.

Here are some test shots with it:

For comparison here are some Double-X shots done at the same time (so you can see the different contrast effects compared to reality)

I'm asking $50 a roll in the US, which includes Priority Mail shipping. If you buy more than one roll, or also buy a roll of the other film I'm selling (SO-379), I'll discount the price because they can ship together. International will be higher, usually about $10 more for the additional shipping.

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Bump!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi

Do you still have some of the so-331 film in can? what is the so-379 film?

thx

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yep, still have SO-331 and SO-379 rolls left. Here is the post where I was selling the SO-379, with a description of it:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...-ish-feet.html

It's basically a very slow, insanely fine grained orthochromatic film intended for making copy positives from B&W negatives (i.e it's a negative film but doesn't need to be sensitive to the whole spectrum) but it can be used as still film within those technical constraints.

Duncan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi, I know it's quite an old post but I'm trying to get my hands on a 100ft or so of this....what are the chances?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin