Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,809   Online: 1103

Thread: Aristo VCL 4500

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Aristo VCL 4500

up for sell is my Aristo VCL 500. I find that it time to clean out item's i seldom use so here goes with more to follow. this unit was purchused about 5 years ago from a friend in fl. he used it very little as he found that printing wasn't for him. I have used it off and on but not that much because i found i liked my ilford 500 with RH designs unit better so the lamps in this unit have verry little time on them. I am asking $500 thanks for looking.
    mitch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vcl1.jpg   vcl2.jpg   vcl3.jpg   vcl4.jpg   vcl5.jpg  

vcl6.jpg  
    mitch brown

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have an Aristo VCL 4500 and don't need another but for those who might be interested in yours it is a very good price. I recently spent that much on replacement bulbs alone.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agree with Jeffrey.

As many know, I also purchased brand new replacement lamp grids for my VCL4500. I then step-wedge calibrated mine to one-half contrast grade levels using Ilford MGIV FB & RC, then interpolated to one-quarter grade levels. I also created a matching set of exposure compensation factors for each fractional contrast level. This allows reasonably accurate jumping around between grades without needing to start from scratch with test strips for each change. Only took a couple of days to do all of this.

Now I can now simply select the initial contrast I want in quarter-grade increments, set the dial and go, confident it's ANSI-correct. Or when changing contrasts simply use the exposure correction factor, multiply or divide, and go.

These are really cool heads. And that is a great price, especially if it's a low mileage unit.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    oh well no one??? ok i will try untill mon then off to the other place.
    mitch brown

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I would love it because I would love a back up to the one I already have that has had so much use.
    500 is a great price but I don't have it. Does it fit on a Beseler? Or does it matter which enlarger?
    Dennis

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    it fits on a beseler .
    mitch brown

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    bump
    mitch brown

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    unit was sold on another site
    mitch brown

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin