Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,656   Online: 904

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

FS: Wista 4x5, 180mm 5.6 Symmar-S, 75mm 4.5 Nikkor-SW, some holders, RB67 and lenses

Hello everybody!

I'm in a tough spot financially, and need to unload the large format kit

I've got a 4x5 folding field camera (I'm 90% sure it's a Wista, but I can't find branding on it, so maybe it isn't), and two lenses that are very clean. I paid quite a bit for the whole kit, thinking I'd keep it forever. Boy, how times change.

The Camera: It is all functional, cherry red, and has brass metalwork. The ground glass as some nitrate stains on it, as I used the camera for collodion a few times. There are scuffs on the wood, and a small wrinkle in the bellows, but it's all light-tight and reliable. I'd like to get $600 (shipped to US) for it, but will entertain offers.

Lens 1: Symmar-S f/5.6 180mm in a Copal 1 shutter. The glass is clear and the shutter fires perfectly. I've got it in a homemade steel lensboard, both lenscaps, and will include a shutter plunger. Asking $250, but will entertain offers.

Lens 2: Nikon Nikkor-SW 75mm f/4.5 in a Copal 0 shutter. Bought this baby new from KEH. This is a fabulous wide angle (though the camera must be very compressed to use it, it works even wide open with little falloff). This is in a Wista branded lensboard, has both caps and again, will have a shutter plunger. Asking $350.

So that's $1200 for the whole kit. If you want the whole kit, I'll throw in some film holders and a loupe.

If anyone is interested, I also have a Mamiya RB67, 90mm f/3.8 lens, and 127mm f/3.8 lens, neoprene Op/Tech strap, and a back. The back seems to leak light on the sides of frames, and I can't figure it out. I refoamed the back of the camera (where it mates the holder), but it is still leaking. Probably need a new film back. I'd like to sell this whole kit together, asking $300, or will trade for a Nikon SB800/ SB900 flash unit.

Pictures!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1i0mMh.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	52696Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OQ3p7h.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	52698Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wCsE8h.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	52699Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AZJ8jh.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	52700Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wL7rl.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	52701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12eSZ.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	52702Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jasmine-1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	523.3 KB 
ID:	52703Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jasmine-2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	598.5 KB 
ID:	52704Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jasmine-3.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	570.3 KB 
ID:	52705

Thanks for looking
    Vincent Purcell
    Lexington KY Photographer + Media Artist
    http://vincenttpurcell.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Pm sent on 75mm

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    That looks exactly like my TOKO with the sliding back and rear focus. You should find that it has a 14 inch bellows. If it is a TOKO like mine then it is a hand made camera from the guy in Japan who made the Nagaoka. Mine is a great camera and was my studio work horse for many years. The slightly longer bellows than the Wista or Tachihara offer allows just enough extension to be able to do most table top photography with a 210. The rear focus and rear shift is a nice addition as well. Yours looks to have been heavily used as is mine but mine is still a good solid camera and works fine. It was probably new in the mid 1980s. That is when I bought mine new and it really looks exactly the same.

Dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Damn! Someone beat me to the 75mm. Great lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Pending on the 75mm.

And yea, it does look like the toko... Hrm. Neat.
    Vincent Purcell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    75mm Nikkor SOLD!
    Vincent Purcell

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    75mm has arrived safely and looks great. VIncent's a great guy to deal with.

Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Gotta love that you named your RB Jasmine.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin