Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,684   Online: 862

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

8X10 Eastman Film Back & 5 3/4" Packard Shutter Instantaneous #6

Tonight I have a couple of hard to find necessary pieces for someone. First is an Eastman / Graflex / Folmer 8X10 film back. This will fit Kodak 2D and Century 8X10 cameras.

It's not the prettiest one I've ever had, but it'll do if you need one. It needs a tune up. Someone was tweaking on the springs and the back drags in the frame from bad pressure angle. These are simple to tune up. Just put it back how Eastman made it, put some glass in, and go to work.

$145 for the back.

Next is a very nice usable Packard Shutter Instantaneous #6 with mounting screws and the on-off button.

This one is working GREAT! It also has the sync contacts (untested). The only tiny flaw is someone has bumped off the little can that the pin goes into on the back. No biggie as long as the pin is blocking the light, but left wide open, this would be a light source. Pin plugs up the light perfectly.

This one is 5 3/4" square with a 3 inch aperture. Need $85 for it. You pay shipping of course.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK, so I restored the back (didn't need that much, but you folks are sooooo fussy) and it now is a perfect usable Eastman 2D or Century camera 8X10 back.

Everything fits and works buttery smooth.

I just used some Old English scratch cover to restore the remaining original finish. Hardly even buffed.

Note that I found 2 more glass clips for it. Also, the nice old usable 8X10 natural finish film holder can be had for $24 bucks.

My venerable Kodak 2D is NOT included. Same price as we started at. My labor is "value added" ...........as usual.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Jim, Do you still have the 8x10 back for sale ?

Chris.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bing23 View Post
    Hi Jim, Do you still have the 8x10 back for sale ?

Chris.
    Hi Chris. Sorry, no. It went to Australia to live. jg

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Jim,

No worries, I'm sure it will be happy there

Best,

C.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin