Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,771   Online: 965

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS: 11x14 AWB film holder $400

I'm relisting a very lightly-used cherry 11x14 AWB film holder. This holder has only seen 3-4 sheets of film and is functioning perfectly. The holder had been previously offered last October but the sale fell through and it has been packed and ready to ship ever since. I'm purchasing a custom AWB 11x14 wetplate holder and relisting this film holder to generate the funds for the other transaction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AWB_11x14.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	281.5 KB 
ID:	53211

There are some minor marks present from loading the holder into the camera a few times. There also are some small tooling marks and one area of minor scratches along an edge. These are basically small cosmetic marks that do not affect the function of the holder but I mention them to accurately describe the condition. This holder has not been mistreated but is not absolutely perfect in appearance. It is a very nice example of woodworking in addition to its extremely smooth functionality.

The current (actually 2006) price for a new 11x14 holder on the AWB website is $490. This holder is in nearly new condition and functioning perfectly.

Price for this one is $400 USD firm plus insured shipping costs. Shipping should be around $20 for parcel post and $45 USPS Priority Mail based on estimates I obtained previously for the large box it will need to be shipped in.

Payment by USPS Money Order preferred but I will consider personal checks from individuals known to me. Sorry, no Paypal.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    For reference, I did some quick searching for other holders online. Here are the most current prices I found for new 11x14 holders:

Chamonix @ $600 ea.
    Lotus @ $550 ea.
    AWB @ $490 ea. (2006 pricing)
    Tachihara $430 ea.
    S&S Cherry $375 ea.
    S&S Walnut @ $400 ea.
    Fidelity (Plastic) @ $300 ea. (NOS listed on the LFF over 1 year ago)
    Czech - made plywood (?) currently being auctioned @ $239 ea.

I think Ebony also makes holders in this format, but I could not find pricing. I assume an Ebony holder would exceed the cost of a new Chamonix holder.

The holder I have for sale is nearly new and I don't think you will ever find a used AWB holder in better shape for sale.

It was only used on one or two occasions and has had a maximum of 4 sheets of film put through it. It has always been stored in the original bag it was shipped in.

I have received several offers but my price is firm. I will not sell this holder for under $400 net to me after shipping.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I unpacked the holder today to get some measurements for an interested party and discovered I had made a mistake in the description. The holder is actually walnut, not cherry, and it looks much more brown than the picture indicates.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm staring at a 15,100BTU air conditioner for my studio that costs $399.

Those 4 Franklins will be put to good use by both parties involved.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I got the air conditioner and had it installed on July 23rd, the day after my birthday and the day I was admitted to the ER for emergency surgery a few days later. Spent 11 days in there before the doctors sent me home.

TMI? Well, I thought the above would be more interesting than just saying "bump." I still have the holder and it is still $400.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz View Post
    Well, I thought the above would be more interesting than just saying "bump."
    Bump.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The holder is no longer available. I've traded it for a Cambo 8x10.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin