Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,040   Online: 1076

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    bump

Shooter
    35mm
    bump

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, you don't suck because of the 17mm TS-E: it is Canon's infamous Achilles Heel with no clear application and behaving more like an uncorrected fisheye. And tell me what your first reaction would be to the huge front element copping a nasty scrape. The TSE 24mm (original version) is the bees' knees of them all for landscape and the best choice (I have used it since 1996).

Inspiring photos of Zion National Park. I guess I'll have to wait 4 more years before retirement to get there!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello I love Australia.
    Yes the 17mm is not for everyone, but in the right hands it sings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That 17mm works beautifully for interior images; my d***** tech loves it - very little distortion that needs to be corrected! Sure it has the most bulbous front element I have *ever* owned (my 300 f2.8 the biggest), but the cap protects it nicely.

I was blown away by it's lack of barrel distortion (compared to a previous 17mm I owned), and that was *the* major reason I paid $2500 to add it to my kit. It's an absolute joy to use, and a real workhorse for the architectural imagery I produce for clients.

Shooter
    35mm
    Canon 17TS is sold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin