Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,614   Online: 968

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    For a Lincoln I might buy Jon's camera just to get you guys to let go of the bad blood. Or maybe, those with bad blood should consider doing that for me.
    Let's go halves on it, we can then dispose of it in a fitting manner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Goodman View Post
    First of all, the camera hasn't sold. If you read my description, you'll see it is a parts camera (or at the very best a camera that is trying to work but isn't succeeding). I'm asking $5 for it. Five bucks. Cinco greenbacks. Second of all, my apologies to anyone who was offended by my mention of Hitler. I did not intend nor expect the absurd connection to be anything but marginally humorous. If you or anyone here has ever worked on cameras, you may agree the XD-11 (while in working condition a good camera) was...well, I would call the circuitry crazy at worst and undependable at best. There are many electronic tarpits in the design, and this particular camera appears to have fallen into one of them.

Look, absolutely nobody can change history. Nobody can un-do what has already happened. We can only go forward in time. In fact not long ago Stephen Hawking opined that time travel is hypothetically possible...but not time travel backwards. There are paradoxes connected to causality and the unavoidable fact that cause precedes effect and...I'll stop here because I may be heading into another swamp from which we can't leave. Suffice to say I agree time travel backward is good stuff for sci-fi movies but nothing beyond that.

So, you offended guys and gals tell me what you want me to do here, ok? Tell old Jon what will soothe your ruffled feathers. I've apologized for unintentionally offending anyone and I've explained no person on the earth can wave a magic wand and undo anything that has happened. I think it is interesting that if the Monty Python crew creates a skit about Hitler it is seen as classic humor. If Mel Brooks writes a script like "The Producers," it is classic humor and it wins an Oscar (for best writing, story and screenplay, by the way) and is later glorified by imitation. So maybe if I had said "don't be stupid, be a smartie, come and join the Nazi party...oh, and buy this parts camera" then that would be ok? Maybe I would have won an Oscar, too? Just let me know.
    Jon
    You didn't offend me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Thats MY signature line!
    I know. I cut & pasted from your post, it's perfect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Enough has been said here, let's move on. If you're interested in the camera, then contact the OP.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin