Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,501   Online: 972

Shooter
    Medium Format

FS: Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta 530

Since it does not get much use - I prefer 6x6 - I am selling my Super Ikonta 530 A which gives you 16 6x4.5 shots per roll.

It is probably well known by most of you, nevertheless some features of this camera includes:

- 75/3.5 Tessar lens made in 1934 according to Thiele's serial number list. Minimum aperture is f/22
    - Compur-Rapid shutter with top speed of 1/500, made in 1935 according to the serial number, a pretty early unit with top speed of 1/500
    - Coupled rangefinder

This camera works without major faults and was CLAd back in January. Only con is that B and T modes do not work. In exchange of that, all other regular speeds are working and are accurate within tolerances (e.g. shutter tester gives 1.13 secs for the 1 second setting and 0.55 for 1/2 seconds, 1/500 runs for 0.0026 seconds; I will include the full shutter speed table together with the camera). Lenses are clean without fungus, haze or any other nasty things. Lens is uncoated, though. Shutter blades are clean, too, and open and close smoothly. Aperture blades are clean. Rangefinder contrast is good, and it is accurate. A few typical usage marks and "zeiss bumps". Albada finder is complete, its glass is clear (no yellowing like other models).

All in all, a very pocketable medium format camera with Tessar lens, fast shutter and coupled rangefinder.

A simple scan with a V500 of some recent shots taken with this camera:

Asking 150 Euro

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Say 140 Euro plus shipping ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anyone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    well... I'm interested but have many questions... so far all I'm willing to do is look and look again.

Where is this shipping from and how much shipping cost to USA?

Why the b/t not working after a CLA? Not that they are used much, but...

I don't spend euros as my currency, how to pay... paypal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fwiw, the 6x4.5 Ikonta is my favourite, nice and compact and the Tessar is very sharp...does beautiful B&W.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    well... I'm interested but have many questions... so far all I'm willing to do is look and look again.
    That's OK, nothing to apologize for

Where is this shipping from and how much shipping cost to USA?
    Shipping from Spain, Europe. To the US, fully insured and trackable, 27 Euro.

Why the b/t not working after a CLA? Not that they are used much, but...
    A small part of the mechanism broke and I simply could not find a replacement. Further technical information is provided by Hans Kerensky the Great, see http://www.flickr.com/photos/29504544@N08/6685690983/ After some weeks I simply left them alone because, as you said, 99% of the time they are not of much use. Nevertheless, I mention it in case someone interested belongs to that 1%

I don't spend euros as my currency, how to pay... paypal?
    Sure, I can take paypal. In that case I'd be much obliged if buyer sends it as a personal payment, so that paypal taxes are 1% instead of 4%. But that's just a petition, if buyer feels more confident with another method, it'll be ok too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This little beauty is sold and will be posted on Thusday.

Thanks and congratulations to the new owner !

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin