Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,569   Online: 764

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Goodman View Post
    Yes it does have DX, and also the manual explains that the carry strap functions as a measuring device for the macro capability of the camera. If you look at the XA4, you'll quickly see the slide on the side is different than the XA, XA2 or XA3. It is a foot measure scale. The camera will focus at 1 foot, 1.7 feet, 2.3 feet and up to infinity at the top. The XA4 wasn't sold in quite the numbers the XA and XA2 was. The XA3 also has DX, by the way. I picked up an XA2 after they first came out and it instantly became a favorite of my wife. Actually only one other camera became so popular with her so rapidly...a Chinon Genesis I bought after the XA2 was stolen from our hotel room. She still uses that camera today.
    Jon

Seems to have similarities to the XA2, though infinitely better than it — DX being one strong selling point. XAs came with either foot measure or metric measure, depending on market. The USA got the foot measure, while UK and Europe got the metric measure, as did the Oceania region. My first three XAs IIRC were metric; my fourth, present one, is foot measure and came from Green Mountain Camera in Virginia, USA. Now that's quite a solo journey for a little camera!!
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    35mm
    The lens in the XA4 is different. If you open an XA and look at the rear element, you'll notice it is a larger diameter than the XA2. The XA3 is like the XA2 (smaller in diameter), but then the XA4 rear element is more akin to the XA. The XA1 on the other hand is another setup altogether.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    That's an amazing find. I feel like I should tip you just for showing me the pictures. :-)
    Sometimes I post my photos on flickr.
    Sometimes I update my tumblr.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi folks,
    Sorry for the absence. At times demands on my time cause my life to whirl out of orbit, and the past couple of months have been just that. Recently somebody asked me about this camera and whether it had sold. It didn't sell, and so this weekend, I'll sell the XA4 for $250 plus shipping cost. If you want it, here's your chance. I originally paid $299 plus 8% tax.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    The XA4 is still here. A handful of people have tried to figure out how to purchase it, however they all live in other countries and there are invariably problems with shipping, customs, insurance, VAT and so forth. Bottom line is there are not any acceptable options for mailing this camera to another country. I mean it all comes down to this: the seller either has to lie about the value and not ship insured and take the risk of delivery or the buyer has to pay some high taxes (20% or more). So, I've decided it must be sold inside the USA. If anyone is interested, please let me know. Final offer is $250 and I'll pay for shipping and insurance (inside the USA, that is). Payment by check or money order, please.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    I am very happy to report that I bought this camera last night.

Interestingly enough, Jon and I live in the same part of town and we met at a coffee shop for the exchange.

The camera and box are exactly as he described: New, with just a small ding in the box.

Being a confirmed Zuikoholic, this is quite the find for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin