Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,808   Online: 1101

Shooter
    Multi Format

Leica M2 and Summicron 90mm f2

I have a coworker who's boyfriend's Dad past away. The Dad used to own 4 newspapers in his days and had lots of camera equipment.
    They have decided to sell most of it and I'm helping my coworker doing that.

I have listed the description, pictures. If you need anything else, please let me know and I'll do my best to let you know. All the equipment seems to work (I haven't used them but I have cleaned all the equipment and made sure all every buttons were working, also I was able to open all cameras to look if a film was there). The equipment was kept in a camera back and looks to be in a good condition.

Item for Sale & Asking Price (serial number)
    Leica M2 with Focusing Screen (1104427), Summicron 90mm f2 for Leica with no front and rear cap (2545147) - $2100 Price can be negotiate within reason

Pictures Available

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
    Yes (my coworker is, I'm not)

Are you selling or trading this item?
    Selling

Item Location
    Colorado

Shipping Charge
    $10 for USA

Shipping Services
    USPS

Shipping Destinations
    United States
    Canada (ask to know the extra shipping cost)

Accepted Payment Types
    PayPal only
    Last edited by yaeldefaye; 08-08-2012 at 02:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Price can be negotiate within reason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Describe the focusing screen it has. I'm curious.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not a traditional focusing screen. The easiest way to describe it is you have a square in the middle with some line border on the edges of the view finder. In those sections it's like the image you see is duplicated but not aligned with the rest of the image. When you are in focus, the image in those sections and the rest of the image are aligned.

Does that make any sense to you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IF you look at that link, it's how it looks like, except it's one for a 90mm lens.
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/leicam8/4

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yaeldefaye View Post
    It's not a traditional focusing screen. The easiest way to describe it is you have a square in the middle with some line border on the edges of the view finder. In those sections it's like the image you see is duplicated but not aligned with the rest of the image. When you are in focus, the image in those sections and the rest of the image are aligned.

Does that make any sense to you?
    yaeldefaye, it makes perfect sense, but this is commonly called a rangefinder. All Leica M2s have it. Good luck with the sale.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What! You're not interested to buy it? Come on!
    Just kidding... except if you really want to buy it.

Yael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks to some information and help from Richard, I'm lowering the price of the kit to match a more real and attractive price.

The new price is $1700.

yael

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin