Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,536   Posts: 1,646,041   Online: 898

Shooter
    35mm

FS: OK, I promise to make you feel 16 years younger...

and 20 years younger if you live in New Jersey. Just buy this OM-1n that has been a treat to use, and you'll be given a ticket back...back to 1996 or 1992, depending on which State is home for you. First the camera: I've used this for years. It is nice...shows what I'd say is less than average wear, and some might be more generous than that. The meter is good, the focus screen is clean, there is no degradation of the prism, the shutter is smooth and quiet, the hotshoe is present (has the crack these all have), the 50mm 1.8 lens is really nice. Mirror lockup is fine, self-timer is fine. There are typical marks on the bottom plate, but not bad. It is a camera that has seen use, but should be swell for years to come. You can see there are some paint chips on the edges of the film door...seems to happen to all these. You could touch this up or re-paint it if you want to. Seals are good...they were replaced maybe 3 years or so ago. Now, besides being nice and having a super clean lens, what is all the hoo-hah about feeling younger, you ask? Well, I'm going to let you install the battery in the camera when you receive it. A genuine Varta V625PX battery. That's right...a real live 1.35 v mercury battery. Not brand new, but mercury batteries aren't brand new anymore. This one still reads 1.358 volts. Just beautiful. The last one I own, and the last one I'm likely to get. Buy the camera and it is yours. There's still one cat still selling these on the auction site from hell. Last I looked they were about $25 each plus something like $9 for shipping. So...buy this camera and besides feeling all giddy like it is 1992 (NJ) or 1996 (all other States) again, you'll save about $33~$34 over the cost of that battery and you'll have a real working mercury battery. Now how can you go wrong?

I'll send anywhere for actual USPS fees. PayPal ok for international buyers but check/cash/money order for USA, please.

If questions, please send to jon_goodman@yahoo.com

$115 plus actual cost of shipping

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OM1n front.JPG   OM1n back.JPG   OM1n bottom.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pretty. So what's the magic of New Jersey?

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, aside from Newark (a city which has an airport and train station where old Jonny boy has spent lots of time), New Jersey is a very fine and pretty State full of friendly people. And New Jersey has the distinction of being the first State to enact a ban on the mercury battery (which as I recall was in 1992). So, if you live in NJ, you get the added bonus of traveling back a bit further in time.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you ever get hot-dogs with potatoes at Dickie Dee's?

Shooter
    35mm
    No, I never did, but they sound good.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll take it. ( Just dont tell my wife I bought another camera!)

Kent

Shooter
    35mm
    That's the spirit! Thanks. I promise not to tell your wife. Please contact me at jon_goodman@yahoo.com
    Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin