Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,773   Online: 824

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Nikkormat EL ... "special"

Here's a Nikkormat EL I've owned for several years. This isn't a pretty camera. Oh, it was ok when Nikon originally built it, but this one looks like it fell asleep in a running cement mixer. Well...not that bad actually, but it looks better in pictures for some reason. Lemme see here: there are nicks and dings on the pentaprism (3 or 4), the Nikkormat plate on the front of the pentaprism is rough with nicks and scratches, there are a couple or three nicks in the back side of the top plate, the bottom plate has numerous nicks, dings, scratches and tripod ring damage. Added to all that, there are chips and paint loss on the film door upper and lower edges, side and hinge. Oh and the eyepiece ring is missing paint, too. The trim ring on the cocking lever was missing when I got the camera, so I cut a circle of leather that matched the body leather somewhat and put it up there. It has been used a lot in its life. If you've gotten this far in the description, I promise the rest of the paragraph will be more pleasant for you. The mirror is nice and clean. The focus screen has a couple of bits of dirt on it, but is mainly ok and this screen could be removed and cleaned carefully. The light seals are fine. I replaced all of them a couple of years ago. The shutter is great. Seems to still be accurate and isn't as loud as some. The camera has a mirror lock-up which is working smoothly. The meter is fine. The automatic function of the camera is fine. The battery check is fine. The cocking action is smooth. Everything works fine. And the camera takes pictures very well. So, if you don't mind having a non-pristine camera, you'll be in good shape here. I'll leave the battery in the camera for you. $30 plus actual postage.

PayPal ok for interntional, check/cash/money order for USA please.
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nikkormat front.jpg   Nikkormat back.jpg   Nikkormat bottom.jpg  

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Wow - Your description is endearing and it sounds like it will match all my other Nikon stuff - However, purchase depends on postage cost to Australia

John
    Quinninup

Shooter
    35mm
    G'day John,
    Thanks for the note. We have 3 options: USPS First Class (which I think will be $22.59), USPS Priority (which I think will be $42.25) and USPS Express (which I think will require me to donate some arms and legs).
    Hope this is helpful.
    Best regards,
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of my favorite Nikons, which is saying something! Great price for a nice user.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Merritt View Post
    One of my favorite Nikons, which is saying something! Great price for a nice user.
    Yup. This is the Nikkormat that goes with the F2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heck it's a wonderful camera. So Jon I'll get in line if John doesn't get it, I'm in. PM sent
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for the delay in replying, Australia is a lot of time zones away - If you have a buyer in USA let it go there - In truth I don't need another Nikon/Nikkormat

However, if it does not find a new home let me know - What I like about the EL is the efficiency of its use in non-auto mode as a needle match camera when there is an awkward lighting situation, back lighting for example, where a specific area is measured and set - i just wish they had kept the Nikkormat speed ring at the rear of the lens mount, after cussing it at first I grew to like this feature

For the record, 1 black F2, the last of my commercial studio Nikons, 3 Nikon Fs, one black, used to document forest protests and personal work, two Nikkormat FT2s, one black, and a black EL - The Nikons all have non-metered prisms plus WLF or high-eyepoint finders - Rae says that as I only use 10x8" or 5x4" these days I don't need another Nikon

John
    Quinninup
    Last edited by John Austin; 08-10-2012 at 06:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The camera arrived last week and it's beautiful. I have an all black EL and I think it's wonderful. This camera will take a well deserved place along side it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin