Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,396   Online: 836

Shooter
    35mm

FS: A very smooth Zenit 3M (1965)

Without doubt this is the nicest and smoothest operating Zenit 3M I've seen. Cocking is smooth and sure. Shutter release is crisp and very quiet. Focusing is fine and the viewfinder is clean and clear with none of the prism degradation you sometimes encounter on Zenits. How about the meter? The meter is as good as the day it left the factory! You betcha. The lens is a rare silver version of the Helios 44 (58mm f:2) which has been so popular for so many years. The glass is great, the coating is still as it should be. The aperture blades are clean and oil-free. There is an air bubble or two in the glass, however this does not harm anything. Is the silver version of this lens really rare? Yes, you see very few in the 39mm style. Most of the 3M cameras came either with the Industar 50 (3.5) or this lens in black. The mirror is clean and bright. The self timer works. Film frame counter works. And on the rewind knob, the word "color" is spelled with a u (colour), so you get that whole international flavour that our neighbours across the pond labour so hard to honour...at least that is the rumour I hear whenever I'm at harbour there...although I suppose it could all just be a form of British humour, couldn't it? Bloody well, then. The case is good but has been well used. The leather strap is also still present. I must warn you that if you're a very short fellow (let's say like Tom Cruise or Bruce Willis or Richard Gere), you probably want to adjust the strap before walking with the Zenit around your neck. Otherwise by the end of a few hours, your voice will be at least an octave or two higher and you may be useless on dates. The strap is adjusted for a more tall person if you get my drift.

Condition? Well, I'd say average wear maybe. There are some areas of paint loss (small ones) and on the bottom plate there is wear from two exposed staples in the bottom of the case. Paint is also worn off the lens hub area of the camera body, and I'd bet this is from case wear. Very slight (almost not noticeable) depression on top of pentaprism shroud, but I don't know if this is human-caused or a stamping defect from when it was made. Not to worry you, though. Just picking out any litle detail here. Leatherette good, tight. $55 plus actual cost of postage.

PayPal ok for international buyers but check/cash/money order for USA buyers, please.

If questions, please send them to jon_goodman@yahoo.com

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3M back.JPG   3M front.JPG   3M case.JPG   3M bottom.JPG   3M inside.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent. Just to humour you, the English aren't the only ones that spell correctly. The English spoken in the US is very colourful indeed
    PS, have you considered a career as a second hand camera salesman??

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks! We don't spell kurektll...curektli...right? Shoot and we've all been reading that Hooked on Phonics book since the 80's.
    A career in used camera sales? Sure. Do I need any special training?
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Goodman View Post
    Thanks! We don't spell kurektll...curektli...right? Shoot and we've all been reading that Hooked on Phonics book since the 80's.
    A career in used camera sales? Sure. Do I need any special training?
    Jon
    No training required....you're already there!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin