Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,469   Online: 948

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Multi-Camera Saturday special plus free career counseling

If you want to pay the shipping (and this is a domestic to USA only offer), you can have:

1. a roughly 2 pound sack of camera straps. I think I've thrown away all the old worthless plastic straps leaving only fabric straps, but I may have missed one or two. Some straps are interesting (I see a Pentax branded red and gray strap about 1.25" wide) and most are common black fabric. Some are unused. You could tie all of them together and lower yourself from a burning building if necessary...not a very tall building, though. Or you might enter a rodeo using only camera straps and try to rope a goat or something. You could be an internet sensation! Or you could sew them together side by side and make yourself a really interesting sport coat. Shipping will be at least costly option.

and/or

2. a large box of parts including some parts cameras. There are camera parts of all types including Canonet parts, what seems to be a rather complete XA2 in there, a Chinon Memo EE which seems to be complete and as I recall working other than some electronic problem, Konica rangefinder parts of some sort, a Chinon SLR, an Olympus OM data back with a broken flex connector, a Fuji auto-strobe in its box, a lens of some sort. Stuff like that and LOTS of gears, rewind knobs, prisms, even saw some Contax/Kiev parts I'd forgotten having. Domestic sale only on this, please. Basically I have fit all I can fit into a USPS Large Flat Rate Priority Mail box (which is really heavy), and if you want it, all you need do is say "Jon I really want to learn about camera repair and I really need this fine stuff" and then send me a check for $15.45. And then...after you've done that, sit back, smile and enjoy your decision. A decision that could put you in the fast lane to personal and financial freedom! That's right. You've just taken the first step. When your box arrives, walk into your manager's office, bang your fist down on his desk and say "Hey buddy, I quit." "This pointless rat race is for the birds and I'm off to become an independent camera repairman." You'll notice the difference in your life right away. In fact, (and I'm assuming you're a guy for this illustration) as you walk down the street, ladies will look at you with a new level of admiration and interest. Some of them may smile and wink and turn to watch you as you swagger past them. At first it may seem unsettling, but you'll get used to it. Other men will step aside to let you pass by with plenty of room, because they can instinctively tell you're a decision-maker. A man's man. Young children will duck between buildings or into doorways and whisper to each other "Look...there goes Mr. Hodpecker. I hear he is now a camera repairman. Wow, I wish my dad was adventuresome like Mr. Hodpecker." And one day after a long and satisfying career, you may be on APUG offering a box similar to this and this same career counseling advice to another lucky (and of course plucky) individual. So don't be afraid. Step right up and change your life today. Operators are waiting to take your call.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Neither item fits my current needs/desires but I just want to let you know that I thoroughly enjoy reading your ads.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks very much! Positive you don't want to be a rodeo star or influential camera repairman?
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm overseas, but this ad made this jump into my mind!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd take the camera parts if only I were in the US... if nobody pops up and you change your mind, let me know :-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the song Fran...I hadn't heard that one in a while!
    Ok, we have somebody in the US who has shown interest in the large box of camera parts, etc. Now what we need is somebody who wants to become a goat roper. Or wait...what oh what am I thinking? Well, the answer is I'm not using my power of creativity adequately, isn't it? Those camera straps could easily be tied end to end to form a tightrope. Sure they could! You remember those Boy Scout knots, don't you? And with just a little practice and maybe a few broken bones, puncture wounds and concussions, you could become the next Pablo Fanque and Paul McCartney could write a sequel to "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite" all about you! I'm certain Paul would substitute your name in place of Mr. Kite...unless your name happens to be Kite which could seriously confuse things. So it might be "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Hodpecker" or if you're a female, it might be "Being for the Benefit of Nymphia Scooterpie" (and if you really want to change your name to Nymphia Scooterpie, you should talk to me or some other more qualified counselor, pastor or at least a reasonably sane bartender first). And for a small but very reasonable sum, I would be very happy to suggest some brand new names for you. Really spanking good names, too...names that are hard to forget.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    The career-changing opportunity (in the form of camera parts, etc) is traveling to the northeast and the straps may be going somewhere also.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... and bob's your uncle!

Shooter
    35mm
    Both are gone...thanks and best of luck on those new and exciting careers!
    Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin