Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,542   Online: 874

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Olympus XA3 the last one

Do I mean the last XA3 anywhere? Yes, did you not hear the news? Last night all the XA3 models in the world (except this one) were sucked into an alien black hole. This one was securely protected by 43 rolls of heavy duty foil and 31 yards of duct tape and stored safely in Geraldo Rivera's basement. No, just kidding...I mean the last XA3 I happen to own. And I am selling it with mixed emotions. I like the XA3 because it includes DX and backlight compensation, but remember...I've been told to downsize and so I have no choice. Anyhow I've used this camera for years and has never let me down. The last time I used it, I took pictures of The Russian Bar Trio and they were excellent. If you don't know what the Russian Bar Trio is, you should. They are not Russians. They are French Canadians using the Russian bar in their act and they are very friendly and pleasant people. You can see here: http://barrerusse.com/ Please watch some of the video. I don't know if they put any of the photos I gave them on their site...the photos they are using now look newer.

Well, this camera is not the prettiest XA3 in the world. Years ago, the original film door lost the little piece which causes it to latch (it was spot-welded on and oddly the weld failed), and so I had to replace it with another one. The door I got was more of a shiny black than the original, but it works very well. I have not re-sealed this camera because it never leaked light for me. But if you want to re-seal it, I will do that for an extra $5. At any rate, for $30 plus the actual cost of mailing, this is yours.

PayPal ok for international but check or cash or money order for domestic, please.

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XA3-1 front.jpg   XA3-1back.jpg   XA3-1 bottom.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    This one was re-sealed this afternoon and I also cleaned the viewfinder for the next owner. You can still buy it for $30 plus the cost of postage.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, you seem to have a very successful breeding program for XA's

Shooter
    35mm
    You have to watch them closely or they multiply like rabbits! Oh, also I found the XA3 owner's manual. The buyer of this will receive it also.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, indeed you have a large number of XA's. You wouldn't happen to have Minox 35 or another clone of that?
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I have an extremely rare Minox clone that once belonged to my girlfriend, Ahna. Ahna Matapeoia, what a special girl she was, too. Only girl I ever met who had orange eyes. I was going to keep it, but I suppose for the right price I'd let it go. Take a look and tell me what you think...

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Minox clone 1.JPG   Minox clone 2.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jon, do you still have this camera for sale?

And does it have a built-flash?

Shooter
    35mm
    I still have the XA3. The GAF rangefinder has been sold, actually. The XA3 did not come with a built-in flash. The flash mounted to the side. I think I have one of those. Please send me an email to jon_goodman@yahoo.com or a private message and let's see what we can do.
    Thanks!
    Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin