Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,047   Online: 1080

Shooter
    8x10 Format

The Great Purge 2012: Developing tanks edition

Summer cleanout continues here at the farm, and for this posting, I've got a whole host of film developing tanks up for sale. As follows:

Roll film tanks:

- a 6-reel (35mm) or 3-reel (120) stainless tank with a stainless lid. Its missing the small cap, but new ones are out there, or you might replace it with a plastic cap. $25+shipping

- a 2-reel (35mm) or 1-reel (120) stainless tank with a complete stainless lid. $20+shipping

- a 2-reel (35mm) or 1-reel (120) stainless tank with a complete plastic lid. $20+shipping

All the tanks are in find shape, no dings or dents, and the lids fit well. The one plastic lid is a little worn, but we're not in this for aesthetics, are we?

Now, none of the the tanks include reels, because who am I to dictate what you use them for? So, reels are as follows:

I've got 12 35mm reels available (a full set for each tank plus a couple spares) that will go for $5/ea+shipping

I've also got 4 stainless 120 reels that'll go for $7 each + shipping.

Now, for you big guys:

-6 hard rubber 4x5 tanks. No cracks or chips or anything to make them unusable or anything, and the usual discoloration that comes from subjecting rubber to chemicals and oxidizers, but generally clean. $20/ea + shipping.

-And to go with them, 10 Stainless kodak 4x5 hangers. $5/ea +shipping.

-Also, an 8x10 rubber tank. Elkay brand. Someone drilled 5 very nice, small holes along the bottom edge to use as a film washer. They could easily be epoxied over and voila! 8x10 developing tank! $40+shipping

Obviously, I'm not in this to be a hardass, so if anyone wants a bunch (or a few) of these items together, I'll get them all in the most appropriate box (falt rate priority unless it won't fit) and get it off to you.

I've got pictures of all this stuff, but don't want to spend the time uploading them all one-by-one, so if there's something you'd like to see, let me know and I'll post it.
    Last edited by Captain_joe6; 08-15-2012 at 09:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    My real name is Patrick, not Joe. Long Story.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The 120 reels are all pending.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    120 reels still for sale.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    All remaining items now open to offers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent on Kodak hangers
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar F2
    Multi format P&S 4x5, 6x12, 6x9 # Chamonix Saber
    6x6 # Minolta Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak Medalist

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Question on the 35mm reels: How many "rings," starting from the center? (If that makes sense.) I've got one reel that accommodates 36-38 exposures; another doesn't. It seems that I need 11 "rings" or revolutions to get a full 36 fully into the reel.
    Thanks!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_joe6 View Post
    Summer cleanout continues here at the farm, and for this posting, I've got a whole host of film developing tanks up for sale. As follows:

-And to go with them, 10 Stainless kodak 4x5 hangers. $5/ea +shipping.
    I'm interested in ALL of these. I assume they're in good condition. Can you make me a price for all ten? I am in San Francisco, CA (94112). Thanks.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    1 4x5 tank, all 10 hangers, the big reel tank, and one small reel tank, two 120 reels, and three 35mm reels have sold.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Starting at the center and working along the straight rib toward the very end of the spiral, I count 11 rings, but the last 'ring' is just the very end of the spiral, perhaps 7mm long. On the other hand, this position is opposite the start of the spiral winding itself, so the count could vary by 1 ring depending on where you begin counting. From experience, I can say that with a 37-expsoure hand-loaded reel of 35mm film, I can get all but the leader itself onto the reel. In other words, 36-37 frames will fit, with about 3.5" sticking out the end, measured to the tip of the leader. (though of no consequence, since there is still spiral separating the leader from the body of the roll). If I cut off the leader and about 1.5" of tail where the film attaches to the spool, 36 frames would fit, no problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_joe6 View Post
    -Also, an 8x10 rubber tank. Elkay brand. Someone drilled 5 very nice, small holes along the bottom edge to use as a film washer.
    I'd like this guy.

PM sent.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin