Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,565   Online: 756

Shooter
    Multi Format

Agfa 5x7 Commercial View with case

Agfa 5x7 Commercial View in beautiful used condition
    $550 OBO
    With case, add $50

I think I screwed up the image uploads. I'll post this then upload pictures.

I bought this some years back from a man here in Hollywood who had been a friend of the original owner and was helping his friend's widow sell off some of his camera equipment. The late Bill Martin had been a press photographer here in the Los Angeles area for many years and he used this camera, among others, in his work for newspapers in the Los Angeles area. (I believe that he worked mostly at the Herald Examiner, but not sure if I recall correctly.) He took really good care of his equipment, and it shows in this specimen.

The camera has front rise, fall, tilt and shift, and rear swings and tilts. All knobs and other hardware are present and all controls lock down tightly as they did when the camera was new. The extension rail is built into the bed so it'll never get lost.

I'm not sure if the bellows is original, but it's light tight and extends to about 17-18 inches. The camera itself would handle somewhere around two feet of extension with a longer bellows.

There's a Packard shutter permanently mounted in the front standard behind an adaptor lensboard that will accept some -- but not all! -- 4x4 inch lensboards. I say that with some reservation because when I went to mount a Zone VI lensboard on the camera, it wouldn't fit. Perhaps it's configured for the Graflex "C" boards which were used on the early Speed Graphics.

In any event, the regular Agfa/Ansco lensboard, 5-1/4" square, will fit just fine in front of the Packard shutter. I'll throw in the 5-1/4" lensboard that came with the camera.

I'm afraid that the camera didn't come with a bulb and hose for the shutter, but I've cobbled these together from hardware store rubber tubing and medical supply bulbs. It's not difficult or expensive. If you mount lenses with shutters on standard Agfa/Ansco boards, you can pull the "plunger" on the Packard up to open it; it'll stay open that way.

I've found that you can cut out a piece of medium density fibreboard (formerly known as "Masonite") that's 1/8" thick to fit under the front standard and drill a hole to accommodate the fastening screw at the bottom, put that under the front standard, and give yourself front swings that way. I've done this with both this model of these cameras and with the 8x10 version as well.

The case is of plywood with felt lined interior, with a drawer at the bottom. I don't have the key to the padlock. Inside the case is a bar that can be pushed down to lock the drawer. Overall the case measures 10-1/2"D x 17-1/4"W x 15"H.

The camera itself weighs about 9.2 pounds, the case about 12.2 pounds, and the combination just under 23 pounds. Add about 3 pounds to that total for packaging, and you'll have the weight to compute shipping from 90027.

If you know these cameras, I don't have to sing this one's praises.

Buyer pays shipping and 1/2 of PayPal fees. I'll donate part of the proceeds to APUG.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8151662.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	400.4 KB 
ID:	55545
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8151660.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8151663.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	391.6 KB 
ID:	55546Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8151666.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	315.3 KB 
ID:	55547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8151668.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	338.5 KB 
ID:	55548Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8151669.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	305.4 KB 
ID:	55549Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8151671.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	344.8 KB 
ID:	55550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8151673.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	348.3 KB 
ID:	55551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8151677.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	479.3 KB 
ID:	55552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8151650.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	340.1 KB 
ID:	55553

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PRICE REDUCED to $450 with case

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ALL REASONABLE OFFERS CONSIDERED!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bump

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have one of these. A solid, beautifully built camera. The larger lens board and Packard shutter are a plus for using antique brass lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $450 OBO!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin