Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,854   Online: 763

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Screwmount Shindig

Here's a group of screwmount (M42) lenses, etc and you can have the entire lot for $54 plus shipping.

1) APS brand Lens tripler. Good glass and both caps
    2) AETNA brand extension tubes. Do that macro thing with auto aperture ability.
    3) Vivitar lens doubler. Good glass, both caps and a handy leather case.
    4) JML Optical 28mm / 2.8 lens. I bought this new roughly 12 years ago and used it photographing the Grand Canyon and some night light shots at Christmas. Aside from that, it has not been used, so you can consider this a new lens. Note: auto only...if you want manual, you'll need to cover the pin with a bit of tape. Beautiful coating.
    5) Hanimex non-automatic aperture 35mm / 3.5 Not bad at all. Good glass, smooth focus.
    6) JC Penney 135 / 2.8. Nice glass, smooth focus, no problems.
    7) RMC Tokina 80~200 close focusing zoom. Nice and smooth with no zoom creep and good glass. Takes good pictures. In very good condition.
    8) Vivitar 135 / 2.8 lens. Smooth, nice glass, pull out hood. Note: aperture does not open completely. You can see a bit of the aperture blades when it is open. Could be an adjustment or a weak spring I'd guess
    9) Portertown Auto 135 / 2.8. Good glass, pull out hood, smooth and in excellent condition. Actually does nice portrait work.

PayPal ok for international buyers, but check/cash/money order for buyers in the USA please.

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Start.JPG   MVC-068F.JPG   MVC-069F.JPG   MVC-070F.JPG   MVC-072F.JPG  

MVC-073F.JPG   MVC-074F.JPG   Finish.JPG   MVC-071F.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm

Examples...

It dawned on me I could show you examples (albeit digital examples) of how these lenses perform. So, taking pictures of the same subject at the same time and in as much as possible from the same place, here you go. Interesting how the out of focus area differs, isn't it?
    Look at the file names to identify the lens. Hopefully you can see the names, anyhow...
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Portertown.JPG   JCPenney.JPG   Vivitar.JPG   Tokina Zoom.JPG   JML.JPG  

Hanimex.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh, also...every one of these was shot wide open and the zoom was shot at 135mm focal length so you could get an idea how it might perform with one the 135mm lenses I consider to be good (like the Portertown).
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Once more with feeling...seems like there was a country song in the 70s with either that as a title or a verse hidden in some other sad and mournful words about cold coffee, wet cigarettes, a busted truck, a wife gone off with a best friend, a boxcar on a slow train to sadness, a mom in prison, a dog and rain. Well, if it wasn't in there, it should have been and now you can write some music (remember to include lots of steel guitar and possibly a mandolin) and get rich. But back to what I know you've been dreaming about for a couple of weeks: these lenses. Well, here you go, pardner. Make it $45 plus shipping for the whole bunch and they're yours. You can take pictures from that boxcar as you roll tearfully past the abandoned factories where your girlfriend used to work assembling AMC Gremlins back in the good old days. And there's a title for your song "Back in the Good Old Days" and a name for your band "AMC and the Gremlins". I know...AMC sounds a little like a rapper but don't worry. Very soon we're going to make you a crossover artist, and you'll need that. Maybe we should call you "Master AMC" or "Run AMC." And as always...there is no extra charge for the career counseling!
    Jon

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Run AMC sounds like many a Gremlin owner's prayer every morning before inserting the key in the ignition...

Shooter
    35mm
    I always thought AMC meant
    "Aggravating Mechanical Contraption" or
    "Actually Might Combust" or
    "Avidly Marketed Crap" or maybe
    "A Mechanical Chancre".
    Jon

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Asmodeus' Mechanical Contrivance?
    Abysmally Manufactured Contraptions?
    Automotive Minimal Competence?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the idea of lots of steel guitar since I play one.

How much for the JML 28?????

Thanks
    Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    I couldn't get the hang of the steel guitar, but (a) I didn't practice nearly enough and (b) I couldn't drink as much beer as the guy who was trying to teach me.
    The JML on its own? Well...you picked the best out of a group I was hoping to sell in one swell foop. Maybe $18 plus postage? I think I forgot to mention it is a macro (1:5) lens also. Quick example attached (wide open).
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _IGP1619.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent.

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin