Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,984   Online: 846

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Massive Book Blowout! Amazing Books. Priced to sell. Shipping included.

Thinning out my book collection. These are roughly organized according to type. There are some great books here and I priced them low. The prices include media mail shipping in the US. I will be packing these in bubblewrap and a black plastic darkroom bag. If you buy a bunch I will box them.

email me at gear at patrickjames dot net
    Tell me which ones you want and I will send you my paypal address.

I am in San Diego if you want a bunch of them. Buy the whole lot and I will deliver!

Instruction/Information Books-

Neblette’s Handbook of Photography and Reprography, Seventh Edition 1977 $10
    Reader’s digest, Backroads and Hidden Corners: Explore America $5
    Darkroom 2, Lustrum Press, 1978 Ralph Gibson’s publishing house. describes how various photographers approach the darkroom. Hardcover. shows age. $8
    Roaming the American West, Bower. 1971 Like to go out west? This has stuff in it you have never heard of. I know I didn’t and I have been around. Old book, shows its age but you won’t care. $5
    Pacific Coast Highway, 2066 miles from Seattle to TJ. Lots of pics. Scouting book Hardcover $6
    Pueblo and mission. Cultural roots of the Southwest 1997. Softcover. Excellent book if you are interested in the culture of the missions of the southwest, mainly New Mexico $6
    Ansel Adams, The Print and The Negative BOTH Softcover, 1998 printing, $20 for both
    Ansel Adams, Polaroid Land Photography hardcover 1978 edition no dust jacket. Classic book! I know you can’t get the film anymore but that doesn’t mean you won’t appreciate what is in this book. Lots of beautiful pictures. $7
    Toning and handcoloring Photographs, tony Worobiec. 2002 softcover Hard to find these days. $15
    Crative Elements: Darkroom techniques for Landscape photographers, Eddie Ephraums 1993 Good before and after printing book. $10
    Gradient Light, The art and Craft of using Variable Contrast Paper, Eddie Ephraums. 1994 Softcover. good book. Shows different photos and how he printed them and some theory behind the methods. Nice pictures too. $12
    Three issues of the Polaroid Creative Magazine. Cool photos. $9
    Successful Photography, Andreas Feininger 1954. Cool old book! do it like they used to. $8
    Successful Color Photography, Andreas Feininger 1966. Another neato old book to read for fun $6
    Gordon Hutchings, The Book of Pyro, 1992, third printing spiral bound. Yes THAT book of Pyro! of course you want it, it is the bible. Amazon has it for a paltry $120. How about$15
    What they Saw, Life Photographers, John Loengard. 1998 Hardcover Lots of great stories in here from the golden age of Life Magazine. $6
    Photo Art, Tony Worobiec, 2003 Lots of different methods in here including some digital. $8
    Portfolios that Sell, Selina Oppenheim. 2003 This is more for commercial portfolios and not art portfolios but in that genre it is the bible so to speak. $8
    John Hedgecoe The book of Photography 1976 $5
    The complete Printmaker, 1990 Etching, woodcuts, intaglio, you name it, it is in here. $8

Photo/Monograph type books-

Walter Chin, Work in Progress. Stemmle 2001 Large Beautiful fashion photos of beautiful people. $18
    Bruno Bisang, Exposure. Te Neues quality. Gorgeous photos of gorgeous people. Going up in price. Cheapest on Amazon is a junker for $67, then they go up from there. How about $50 http://www.amazon.com/Exposure-Bruno...isang+exposure
    Nobuyoshi Araki, Shino 2002. Beautiful shape. This is a monograph on a single woman. A bit different for him but nicer than some of the weirder stuff he does. Nothing too strange here. $25 http://www.amazon.com/Nobuyoshi-Arak.../dp/4766111931
    Charles Shotwell, Impressions. Mid 90’s Polaroid transfers from a top studio photographer. If you like polaroid transfers this book is for you. $6
    Eugene Atget, Paris te Neues. Small but beatiful repros. $8
    Wolfgang Tillmans 2002 Phaidon Good early book if you like Tillmans. Amazon has this for bucks, how about $22
    Stankowski, Taschen 1990. Never heard of him? Neither did I until I saw this book. It was good enough for Taschen.... $15 http://www.amazon.com/Anton-Stankows...kowski+taschen
    Samaras, The Photographs of Lucas Samaras, Aperture 1987. I can’t believe this book is from 1987. It is in great shape. This is the SX-70 manipulation genius for those of you not in the know. Crazy stuff. $18
    Aaron Rose, Photographs 2000ish. Hardcover Interesting story behind this man. Worked in the darkroom every day all his life until he was discovered in his late 50’s and exibited at the Whitney biennial. Then seems like he went back into obscurity. Photos are like nothing you have seen before. $8
    Magicians of Light. photos from the National Gallery of Canada. 1993 Softcover Good book. Has image and story of photographer on facing page. Biased more towards early photography. $10
    Tina Modotti, A Fragile Life. Bloomsbury 1993 If you are interested in Modotti and Weston then this is an interesting book. $6
    Portraits, Edward Weston, Aperture, 1995 Hardcover. what is there to say? Weston, Aperture... $16
    Man Ray, Taschen, 1992 Softcover. 9x12 $9
    Adreas Bitesnich, Nudes 2001 hardcover 8x10 teNeues quality. Can’t find a price on Amazon for this 2nd edition so lets say $25
    Eliot Porter, The West hardcover 1988(Amazon has it as 1997 but it says 1988 in book?) Beautiful color plates from a master. $15
    Melvin sokolsky, seeing Fashion. Arena Pub. 2000. first edition. looks like this one is a collectible. Really nice shape. Known for his fashion images of models in big bubbles from the 60’s $65 http://www.amazon.com/Melvin-Sokolsk...kolsky+fashion
    national Geographic Odyssey. Photography at National Geographic 1988 Hardcover. Binding on this one is loose but the pictures are amazing! Get it for the pictures, duh. $10
    20th Century Photography, Reuel golden 1999 hardcover. Typical photos and info about the photos/photographer. $8
    Fashioning Fiction in Photography since 1990. 2004 Museum of Modern Art. Interesting book in that it covers the melding of fashion and art that occurred during the 1990’s. It is a MOMA book too.... $20
    The Americans, Robert Frank Steidl 2008 Hardcover. Jeepers Creepers, still collectible after all these years even though it is newish. Looks like the cheapest on Amazon is $100? amazing, although this is one of the most influential books in the history of photography. Maybe I should keep it but I have several different copies of this so I am letting the simple one go. Still has the Steidl red band around the cover. in other words almost new. amazon prices are crazy. Let’s say $65
    Whitney Biennial 2004. This is a large two volume set that I never opened! Still has the shrink wrapping on it. One is obviously a book and the other is a clamshell box of some sort and I have no idea what is in it! I am actually curious holding it in my hand but I will leave that discovery to you. This is the year that Alec Soth busted out so if you are a fan of his you should probably get this. $15
    Henri Cartier Bresson, a Propos de Paris, 1994 hardcover Le Maitre! Only pictures of Paris $18
    Platon’s Republic. Phaidon, 2004. Celebrity photographer’s earlier work. Lots of stars. Big book. $10
    Nerve/The New Nude, Nerve magazine 2000. good overview of new directions in photography around the turn of the century. Some of the names are pretty well known now. Elinor Carucce, Taryn Simon, Nan goldin, Tillmans, Richardson etc. $20
    William Wegman, Photographic Works: 1969-76 This one is kind of interesting because apparently Wegman was a bit of a conceptual photographer before he started shooting the Weimeraners. $12
    Sharon Lockhart, Museum of Cont. Art, Chicago Exhibition hardback catalogue 2001 Conceptual art type of photography $10

Nudes, Indexxi Feirabend. 2002 Small but very thick $7
    Lighting for Nude Photography, rod Ashford $9
    Nudes, Developing Style in Creative Photography. Terry Hope. Softcover This one is actually decent with images from some pretty well known photogs and blurbs from them on their methods, including Gibson, Kenro Izu, Bob Carlos Clarke... $10
    Outdoor Lighting: Nudes, Cathy Joseph 2003 another book with many different photographers and how they made images. bob Carlos Clarke, Sylvie Blum and even, yes! our own Gandolfi (Emil Schildt) at least I think he posts here. $12
    Dahmane, Taschen 1995 Softcover 9x12. kind of like Newton. $11
    Jonvelle(s) 1999 AND Jonvelle, Jean-Francois Jonvelle 1998 (Two books, If you want one you will want the other) French photographer, beautiful women. Do the math! Both for $20

Barnes and Noble small (6x9) overview of artists. 4 books, Dali, Picasso, Klimt, and Chagall. $12
    Modigliani, Taschen softcover 9x12 $6
    Surrealist Painting, Simon Wilson, Phaidon 1994 hardcover 9x12. not a bad little book $6
    Last edited by Patrick Robert James; 08-18-2012 at 07:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent.

Roaming the American West, Bower. 1971 Like to go out west? This has stuff in it you have never heard of. I know I didnít and I have been around. Old book, shows its age but you wonít care. $5

Pueblo and mission. Cultural roots of the Southwest 1997. Softcover. Excellent book if you are interested in the culture of the missions of the southwest, mainly New Mexico $6

What they Saw, Life Photographers, John Loengard. 1998 Hardcover Lots of great stories in here from the golden age of Life Magazine. $6

Eugene Atget, Paris te Neues. Small but beatiful repros. $8

Tina Modotti, A Fragile Life. Bloomsbury 1993 If you are interested in Modotti and Weston then this is an interesting book. $6

Eliot Porter, The West hardcover 1988(Amazon has it as 1997 but it says 1988 in book?) Beautiful color plates from a master. $15
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    PM sent for

Gordon Hutchings, The Book of Pyro, 1992, third printing spiral bound. Yes THAT book of Pyro! of course you want it, it is the bible. Amazon has it for a paltry $120. How about$15
    Raul Pires Coelho
    http://www.raulpc.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Henri Cartier Bresson, a Propos de Paris, 1994 hardcover Le Maitre! Only pictures of Paris $18

Pm'ed

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Looks like this is what is still available right now-

Neblette’s Handbook of Photography and Reprography, Seventh Edition 1977 Every technical thing you could ever want to know. $10
    Darkroom 2, Lustrum Press, 1978 Ralph Gibson’s publishing house. describes how various photographers approach the darkroom. Hardcover. shows age. $8
    Pacific Coast Highway, 2066 miles from Seattle to TJ. Lots of pics. Scouting book Hardcover $6
    Ansel Adams, The Print and The Negative BOTH Softcover, 1998 printing, $20 for both
    Ansel Adams, Polaroid Land Photography hardcover 1978 edition no dust jacket. Classic book! I know you can’t get the film anymore but that doesn’t mean you won’t appreciate what is in this book. Lots of beautiful pictures. $7
    Creative Elements: Darkroom techniques for Landscape photographers, Eddie Ephraums 1993 Good before and after printing book. $10
    Successful Photography, Andreas Feininger 1954. Cool old book! do it like they used to. $8
    Successful Color Photography, Andreas Feininger 1966. Another neato old book to read for fun $6
    Photo Art, Tony Worobiec, 2003 Lots of different methods in here including some digital. $8
    Portfolios that Sell, Selina Oppenheim. 2003 This is more for commercial portfolios and not art portfolios but in that genre it is the bible so to speak. $8
    The complete Printmaker, 1990 Etching, woodcuts, intaglio, you name it, it is in here. $8

Walter Chin, Work in Progress. Stemmle 2001 Large Beautiful fashion photos of beautiful people. $18
    Bruno Bisang, Exposure. Te Neues quality. Gorgeous photos of gorgeous people. Going up in price. Cheapest on Amazon is a junker for $67, then they go up from there. How about $50
    Nobuyoshi Araki, Shino 2002. Beautiful shape. This is a monograph on a single woman. A bit different for him but nicer than some of the weirder stuff he does. Nothing too strange here. $25
    Charles Shotwell, Impressions. Mid 90’s Polaroid transfers from a top studio photographer. If you like polaroid transfers this book is for you. $6
    Wolfgang Tillmans 2002 Phaidon Good early book if you like Tillmans. Amazon has this for big bucks, how about $22
    Stankowski, Taschen 1990. Never heard of him? Neither did I until I saw this book. It was good enough for Taschen.... $15
    Samaras, The Photographs of Lucas Samaras, Aperture 1987. I can’t believe this book is from 1987. It is in great shape. This is the SX-70 manipulation genius for those of you not in the know. Crazy stuff. I bet back in the 70's they said "far out!" about his images. $18
    Aaron Rose, Photographs 2000ish. Hardcover Interesting story behind this man. Worked in the darkroom every day all his life until he was discovered in his late 50’s and exibited at the Whitney biennial. Then seems like he went back into obscurity. Photos are like nothing you have seen before. $8
    Magicians of Light. photos from the National Gallery of Canada. 1993 Softcover Good book. Has image and story of photographer on facing page. Biased more towards early photography. $10
    Portraits, Edward Weston, Aperture, 1995 Hardcover. what is there to say? Weston, Aperture... $16
    Adreas Bitesnich, Nudes 2001 hardcover 8x10 teNeues quality. Can’t find a price on Amazon for this 2nd edition so lets say $25
    Melvin Sokolsky, Seeing Fashion. Arena Pub. 2000. first edition. looks like this one is a collectible. Really nice shape. Known for his fashion images of models in big bubbles from the 60’s $65
    National Geographic Odyssey. Photography at National Geographic 1988 Hardcover. Binding on this one is loose but the pictures are amazing! Get it for the pictures, duh. $10
    20th Century Photography, Reuel Golden 1999 hardcover. Typical photos and info about the photos/photographer. $8
    Fashioning Fiction in Photography since 1990. 2004 Museum of Modern Art. Interesting book in that it covers the melding of fashion and art that occurred during the 1990’s. It is a MOMA book too.... $20
    Whitney Biennial 2004. This is a large two volume set that I never opened! Still has the shrink wrapping on it. One is obviously a book and the other is a clamshell box of some sort and I have no idea what is in it! I am actually curious holding it in my hand but I will leave that discovery to you. This is the year that Alec Soth busted out so if you are a fan of his you should probably get this. $15
    Platon’s Republic. Phaidon, 2004. Celebrity photographer’s earlier work before he started the distorted close-ups. Lots of stars. Big book. $10
    Nerve/The New Nude, Nerve magazine 2000. good overview of new directions in photography around the turn of the century. Some of the names are pretty well known now. Elinor Carucce, Taryn Simon, Nan Goldin, Tillmans, Richardson etc. $20
    William Wegman, Photographic Works: 1969-76 This one is kind of interesting because apparently Wegman was a bit of a conceptual photographer before he started shooting the Weimeraners. $12
    Sharon Lockhart, Museum of Cont. Art, Chicago Exhibition hardback catalogue 2001 Conceptual art type of photography $10

Nudes, Indexxi Feirabend. 2002 Small but very thick $7
    Lighting for Nude Photography, rod Ashford $9
    Nudes, Developing Style in Creative Photography. Terry Hope. Softcover This one is actually decent with images from some pretty well known photogs and blurbs from them on their methods, including Gibson, Kenro Izu, Bob Carlos Clarke... $10
    Outdoor Lighting: Nudes, Cathy Joseph 2003 another book with many different photographers and how they made images. bob Carlos Clarke, Sylvie Blum and even, yes! our own Gandolfi (Emil Schildt) at least I think he posts here. $12
    Jonvelle(s) 1999 AND Jonvelle, Jean-Francois Jonvelle 1998 (Two books, If you want one you will want the other) French photographer, beautiful women. Do the math! Both for $20

Let's make it $18 for the following set of 6- Remember, shipping is included!
    Barnes and Noble small (6x9) overview of artists. 4 books, Dali, Picasso, Klimt, and Chagall. $12 for all
    Surrealist Painting, Simon Wilson, Phaidon 1994 hardcover 9x12. not a bad little book $6
    Last edited by Patrick Robert James; 08-19-2012 at 03:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Email send for:
    Gradient Light, and
    Toning and handcoloring Photographs

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cepwin View Post
    Email send for:
    Gradient Light, and
    Toning and handcoloring Photographs

sold

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    These are still available!

All prices include shipping-

Please email me at gear at patrickjames dot net withthe titles you want and I will send you my paypal.

Neblette’s Handbook of Photography and Reprography, Seventh Edition 1977 Every technical thing you could ever want to know. $10
    Creative Elements: Darkroom techniques for Landscape photographers, Eddie Ephraums 1993 Good before and after printing book. $10

Bruno Bisang, Exposure. Te Neues quality. Gorgeous photos of gorgeous people. Going up in price. Cheapest on Amazon is a junker for $67, then they go up from there. How about $40

Wolfgang Tillmans 2002 Phaidon Good early book if you like Tillmans. Amazon has this for big bucks, how about $22
    Stankowski, Taschen 1990. Never heard of him? Neither did I until I saw this book. It was good enough for Taschen.... $15
    Samaras, The Photographs of Lucas Samaras, Aperture 1987. I can’t believe this book is from 1987. It is in great shape. This is the SX-70 manipulation genius for those of you not in the know. Crazy stuff. I bet back in the 70's they said "far out!" about his images. $18

Melvin Sokolsky, Seeing Fashion. Arena Pub. 2000. first edition. looks like this one is a collectible. Really nice shape. Known for his fashion images of models in big bubbles from the 60’s $65

National Geographic Odyssey. Photography at National Geographic 1988 Hardcover. Binding on this one is loose but the pictures are amazing! Get it for the pictures, duh. $10

Platon’s Republic. Phaidon, 2004. Celebrity photographer’s earlier work before he started the distorted close-ups. Lots of stars. Big book. $10

Outdoor Lighting: Nudes, Cathy Joseph 2003 another book with many different photographers and how they made images. bob Carlos Clarke, Sylvie Blum $12

Let's make it $18 for the following set of 6- Remember, shipping is included!
    Barnes and Noble small (6x9) overview of artists. 4 books, Dali, Picasso, Klimt, and Chagall. $12 for all

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post

Pm'ed
    My books arrived, they are in nice shape, packaging was excellent, shipping was fast. What more can I say.

Thanks!!!

Roger

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    You are welcome Roger.

By the way, I am only giving this sale until Friday then I am putting the remaining books back in storage. Don't snooze!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin